Official QQ COVID Vaccine Thread (No Politics)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

halbroome

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
My 95 year old dad (who drives himself to dialysis!) was told to keep two weeks between the flu shot and the booster. His was a Moderna booster, btw.

I plan on taking the flu shot next week, but will have to wait for the third Moderna to be approved. Guess the nurse who gave it to him didn't care.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
My 95 year old dad (who drives himself to dialysis!) was told to keep two weeks between the flu shot and the booster. His was a Moderna booster, btw.

I plan on taking the flu shot next week, but will have to wait for the third Moderna to be approved. Guess the nurse who gave it to him didn't care.
Simply AMAZING that your 95 year old dad drives himself for dialysis! And he was certainly eligible for the Booster shot as he's over 65 and has underlying health concerns.

If I can catch a break this week from work, I'm poised to get both the Booster and flu shots. And now they're allowing children as young as 5 to finally get those first and second covid shots......in 'reduced' doses.

We're slowly getting THERE ....... but it's still difficult to comprehend that front line health care workers still refuse to get their shots ....... especially having experienced the ravages of the disease FIRSTHAND!

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
I’ve got my 2nd Astra Zeneca shot due on Weds (12 weeks between). We’re way behind northern hemisphere downunder.

My 25 yo daughter moved back home 3 months ago and has been told today a co-worker has tested positive. She was in same room as him last Thursday. She had a Covid test this morning and won’t get result until tomorrow. Meanwhile she’s self isolating upstairs.

I may have to cancel my 2nd shot if there’s a chance I’ve got cv already. They advise against trying to fight off Covid and the inoculation at same time. :)

Edit: BTW, My daughter had her first cv shot about 4 or 5 weeks ago and she’s pretty healthy, so not too worried about her. My wife’s had two shots already.

Last edited:

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You should hear Cornholio sing "Lesbian Seagull"
My wife works for a school district in Los Angeles county.
For the last month she has been working at the district office passing out covid test kits to students.
I quizzed her a little bit about the situation with covid in the schools:

Any parent that calls in to report that their child is out sick must get tested before they can return to school.
If the test is positive then they research who has been closest to the kid while at school.
Letters are sent out to the parents of all those children and then they must test negative before they return to school.

All children must wear masks at school.

Any child participating in sports must get tested weekly.

Kids were out of school for about a year.
Most parents couldn't get their children to learn much with the virtual classroom during the home learning.

Second grade teachers have students who can't write their name. This is something they can usually do in first grade.

Many people feel that the students should be held back a year.

Last edited:

Cibola

QQ Supporter
Got my flu shot this week, right deltoid. My arm wasn't as sore as in previous years. Also got the first Shingles shot a few weeks ago, yes getting old but also taking retirement next year:SG

soesbeout

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I’ve got my 2nd Astra Zeneca shot due on Weds (12 weeks between). We’re way behind northern hemisphere downunder.

My 25 yo daughter moved back home 3 months ago and has been told today a co-worker has tested positive. She was in same room as him last Thursday. She had a Covid test this morning and won’t get result until tomorrow. Meanwhile she’s self isolating upstairs.

I may have to cancel my 2nd shot if there’s a chance I’ve got cv already. They advise against trying to fight off Covid and the inoculation at same time. :)

Edit: BTW, My daughter had her first cv shot about 4 or 5 weeks ago and she’s pretty healthy, so not too worried about her. My wife’s had two shots already.
I have a cousin who teaches English in Japan they are way behind in vaccinations he just got his first one last week.!

soesbeout

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Got my flu shot this week, right deltoid. My arm wasn't as sore as in previous years. Also got the first Shingles shot a few weeks ago, yes getting old but also taking retirement next year:SG
Me too got my flu shot Friday also I had H1N1 about 6 years ago wasn't taking any chances that pneumonia almost killed me.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
An old friend in Joplin, MO posted last night that he got his third shot yesterday. So that appears to be under way.

Went to see Dawes last night @ The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville; they had a pretty efficient table setup to process our vaccination cards (or negative tests). Maybe 30% also work masks and everybody seemed chill about it either way.

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I still wonder why we no longer get the shots in our butts anymore. Perhaps we’re all too full of s#&t to make them effective when administered in that area? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I still wonder why we no longer get the shots in our butts anymore. Perhaps we’re all too full of s#&t to make them effective when administered in that area? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
At the risk of TMI, certain injections are taken in the stomach because that type of tissue has a particular absorption factor. Did not enjoy those.

soesbeout

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
At the risk of TMI, certain injections are taken in the stomach because that type of tissue has a particular absorption factor. Did not enjoy those.
I recall a fellow sailor on board my ship got hepatitis and they made us get Gamma Gobulin shots they kept it cold shot us in one butt cheek hurt like hell.

Owen Smith

500 Club - QQ All-Star
I'm 55 and I've never had a jab in the butt in the UK, even during my childhood vaccinations. I think they've found the arm is good enough for most shots and it's less embarrassing for people. You don't want people not getting jabbed because they're embarrassed, we have enough trouble getting people to be vaccinated already.

gene_stl

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
The gluteus maximus muscle is the largest single muscle in the body, much larger than the deltoid in the arm.
As such when a big cat catches you they are said to eat the gluts first. The big cat equivalent to a rib eye. Mmmmmm!:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I tried getting help but they said there was nothing they could do.

Last edited:

Cibola

QQ Supporter
I had a serious systemic bacterial infection as a teenager, sore throat, fever and lethargy. The Doc stuck a giant needle in the gluteus, I could feel my temperature dropping immediately.

GaryG

The wife and I got our Pfizer booster yesterday. We also got our flu shot at the same time. This morning my wife woke up with headache, sore arms and a low grade fever. I had no reaction what so ever.
Looks like this is the new normal now. Annual COVID boosters along with our flu shots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.