• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

DVD/DTS Poll Offspring - Greatest Hits (DualDisc)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DualDisc of Offspring - GREATEST HITS

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Love the band and the songs so I bought the disc. I actually cringed when I looked at the credits.

The mix on this DD was done by Nick Didia and in his usual style he has f*&^ed it up again. The rears are nothing more than a little rhythm guitar in some spots to reverb in others or in the case of "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" you get some vocals along with the rest.

Songs get a 9 - mix gets a generous 5 for an average of 7. Too bad. I had high hopes for this one.

When is someone going to break it to ND that he shouldn't mix MC.... EVER!!!

Guy Robinson

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Bob Romano said:
Love the band and the songs so I bought the disc. I actually cringed when I looked at the credits.

The mix on this DD was done by Nick Didia and in his usual style he has f*&^ed it up again. The rears are nothing more than a little rhythm guitar in some spots to reverb in others or in the case of "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" you get some vocals along with the rest.

Songs get a 9 - mix gets a generous 5 for an average of 7. Too bad. I had high hopes for this one.

I think your avatar of Mr. Hanky describes his surround mixes very well.

daved64

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Bob Romano said:

HIM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
daved64 said:
HIM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
Consider yourself lucky... here the Offspring disc is a cd+dvd but on the dvd *only one song* is on 5.1.
I can't try to improve the mix as i'm doing with the Springsteen disc.

bizmopeen

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Yeesh, I actually had this in my hands yesterday until I remembered to read the forum on this. Good thing I did...

Chris Gerhard

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
In trying to find something in my collection to play, I stumbled on this. I had never paid any attention to this group during their run but bought this disc some time ago and gave it a single spin then set it aside. The album is very good, the surround mixes inconsistent, but a couple songs are done really well. I give it an 8 for a Dolby Digital 5.1 disc but I don't deduct for what it isn't, it isn't a DVD-A.

Chris

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I need to check this disc out! I had no idea it existed! Thanks for bringing this thread back from the dead :)

keenly

Banned
Fun songs; horrible mastering. Compressed to death with frequent clipping. 5.1 Mixes are certainly more enjoyable than the stereo ones.

Group builder