DVD/DTS Poll Offspring, The - Greatest Hits [DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc of Offspring - GREATEST HITS

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations about this title...(y) (n)

Love the band and the songs so I bought the disc. I actually cringed when I looked at the credits.

The mix on this DD was done by Nick Didia and in his usual style he has f*&^ed it up again. The rears are nothing more than a little rhythm guitar in some spots to reverb in others or in the case of "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" you get some vocals along with the rest.

Songs get a 9 - mix gets a generous 5 for an average of 7. Too bad. I had high hopes for this one.

When is someone going to break it to ND that he shouldn't mix MC.... EVER!!!

Bob Romano said:
Love the band and the songs so I bought the disc. I actually cringed when I looked at the credits.

The mix on this DD was done by Nick Didia and in his usual style he has f*&^ed it up again. The rears are nothing more than a little rhythm guitar in some spots to reverb in others or in the case of "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" you get some vocals along with the rest.

Songs get a 9 - mix gets a generous 5 for an average of 7. Too bad. I had high hopes for this one.

I think your avatar of Mr. Hanky describes his surround mixes very well.

Bob Romano said:

HIM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

daved64 said:
HIM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Consider yourself lucky... here the Offspring disc is a cd+dvd but on the dvd *only one song* is on 5.1.
I can't try to improve the mix as i'm doing with the Springsteen disc.

Yeesh, I actually had this in my hands yesterday until I remembered to read the forum on this. Good thing I did...

In trying to find something in my collection to play, I stumbled on this. I had never paid any attention to this group during their run but bought this disc some time ago and gave it a single spin then set it aside. The album is very good, the surround mixes inconsistent, but a couple songs are done really well. I give it an 8 for a Dolby Digital 5.1 disc but I don't deduct for what it isn't, it isn't a DVD-A.

Chris

Fun songs; horrible mastering. Compressed to death with frequent clipping. 5.1 Mixes are certainly more enjoyable than the stereo ones.

picked this up, great band great songs, sonics are about what I expected considering the source , surround is eh, I struggled with 6 or 7 and songs gave it the edge for a 7

Back