Oh no - Foobar problems

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Treat a DTS CD like you would any other CD when ripping or burning because essentially that is what it is.

For playback however you need a processor and a bit perfect route to the processor.

For the DTS component to recognize the ripped files correctly, the file extension has to be .dts or .dtswav. Just rename the .wav files.

For the DTS component to recognize the ripped files correctly, the file extension has to be .dts or .dtswav. Just rename the .wav files.

There is a setting in Audiomuxer to avoid both a DTS component in Foobar and any renaming of the extension.

I don't think this is a problem, or is it? Anyone get the sensation that you are suddenly noticing something you've never noticed before? Look at the picture. This is a 2 channel (stereo) file. The right channel looks normal to me, but the left channel sure has an odd visualization. Seems odd, almost as if there is additional information outside of the 2 channels. What am I seeing? It looks the same on all albums I have.

1659278102330.png

I don't think this is a problem, or is it? Anyone get the sensation that you are suddenly noticing something you've never noticed before? Look at the picture. This is a 2 channel (stereo) file. The right channel looks normal to me, but the left channel sure has an odd visualization. Seems odd, almost as if there is additional information outside of the 2 channels. What am I seeing? It looks the same on all albums I have.

View attachment 81821
That's a different setup than I have. Looks like maybe some kind of frequency modules, and it might be two different types, not Left and Right.
Maybe you could right click on them snoop around?

FUBAR - military term for Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition

I wonder why they chose a similar name.

View attachment 81821
This looks like a 5.1 visualization with no subwoofer information to me. Is foobar upmixing?

View attachment 81821
What version are you on, and did it have any accompanying pdf documentation to look into?

FUBAR - military term for Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition

I wonder why they chose a similar name.

it's a longstanding coding reference

The terms foobar (/ˈfuːbɑːr/), foo, bar, baz, and others are used as metasyntactic variables and placeholder names in computer programming or computer-related documentation.[1] They have been used to name entities such as variables, functions, and commands whose exact identity is unimportant and serve only to demonstrate a concept.

foobar2k , the audio app, works extremely well.

GOS is famous here (to me at least) for the many technical issues that seem to afflict his setups. :unsure:

I've used F2K for over a decade now and I'm unfamiliar with the plugin he's asking about . I don't even know which one it is. And i wonder if what he's seeing is just a consequence of screen width.

The terms foobar (/ˈfuːbɑːr/), foo, bar, baz, and others are used as metasyntactic variables and placeholder names in computer programming or computer-related documentation.[1] They have been used to name entities such as variables, functions, and commands whose exact identity is unimportant and serve only to demonstrate a concept.

GOS is famous here (to me at least) for the many technical issues that seem to afflict his setups. :unsure:

I've used F2K for over a decade now and I'm unfamiliar with the plugin he's asking about . I don't even know which one it is. And i wonder if what he's seeing is just a consequence of screen width.
I do have my share of issues, at times. I'm using a 3rd party skin for my Foobar, and it's possible, maybe even likely that it could be the culprit. I never thought about screen width issues.

FUBAR the military term dates to World War II, when very few were programming.

And I am afraid that I may have had something to do with the creation of metasyntactic variables.

We had a DEC minicomputer in the computer lab in 1976. The card reader never fed the last card right, I made a sign out of a punch card to prompt repair of the reader. It said "THIS IS FUBAR (FOULED UP BEYOND ALL RECOGNITION)" I taped it to the card stack ballast weight.

Their "fix" was to put up a sign telling us to put a blank card at the back of each deck.

But everyone started calling the weight the FUBAR. And within a few weeks, talk of the metasyntactic variables appeared, Instructors started using them in classes.

There was a good Bluesy-R&B-Rock band called SNAFU who I saw a few times in the mid 70s

There were quite a lot of well known musician who were in/out of SNAFU (Situation Normal All F***ed Up) most will have heard of Micky Moody who ended up in Whitesnake.

Back