OK Quad guys! What's your receiver???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sanyotio0105a (10).jpgSanyo3500fmcu2419.JPGSanyo3500meters2418aa.JPGSanyobtm00105a (7).jpgSanyo3500bubble02424.jpgSanyo DCX 3500X receiver These photos were taken when I received it without any cleanup. I took a chance and turned it on and did get some FM although the switches were very dirty and stiff.

When I was cleaning it I did break the front headphone jack and the tape monitor switch also broke. Its close to 40 years old and that the chance we take working on equipment. It shouldnt be that hard to repair.

I did find a loose small capacitor which may be a challenge to find.

Pioneerql600cu2325.JPGYour welcome Charlie. I just couldn't resist the 4 uv meters and the price was right. I bought a couple of decanters yesterday and I showed my daughter your collection. She liked your dog and the decanters.

new speaker.jpg
View attachment 6717Your welcome Charlie. I just couldn't resist the 4 uv meters and the price was right. I bought a couple of decanters yesterday and I showed my daughter your collection. She liked your dog and the decanters.

Thank you for your kind words, I can relate on the passion on seeing something desireable and the desire too own it. You sure do score cool pieces. I enjoy your pictures. I enjoy similar hobbies. I purchased a pair of B&W 801 series 3 speakers 3 weeks ago found them on fle bay come to find out the guy lived 4 miles from me in bradenton. A audiophile big time. They fell in my lap for 2000.00. With stands in pristine condition and boxes. That is why we are always looking for the desirable find. It is a rush eh. Sure will be nice when the weather cools.Charlie

One of my best friends has those same B&W's. They are KILLER!!

Good to hear from you Quad linda, I agree with you the B&W sound like no other in my speaker line up. You sure do know what you post. Always a good read when you post. I consider you an expert in the audio industry. Peace Charlie

do the B&W's have supertweeters? or are they a 3-way bass/mid/treble arrangement?

there are a couple of other good lookers in the background in Fishhead's pic too!

whats the horn loaded one?
Hello fredblue the matrix 801 have a 1x25mm metal dome high frequency tweeter. The horn loaded is 1974 Klipsh cornwall in the rare decorator style. I purchased them from a retired attorney. I modified them with new crossovers, Super tweeter, a 7x14 inch horn with a Selenium phenolic driver D 405 . Purchased components from Bob Crites in ARK. A very efficient musical speaker. I am including pictures of the Cornwalls and the conversion to Cornscalla. Thanks for your interest.Cornwall.jpg CSProject2 cornscala bracket.jpgcrites.jpgB&W 801.jpg

very neat pictures! thank you for sharing!

at what hz/khz do the Klipsch crossovers you installed do their thing?

also, whats the slim/tower speaker with the two bronze coloured mid/bass units? and the 3-way speaker next to the vase of flowers?

are you primarily using the B&W's for all playback now, or do you have your various speakers switchable to select depending on source or material?

very neat pictures! thank you for sharing!

at what hz/khz do the Klipsch crossovers you installed do their thing?

also, whats the slim/tower speaker with the two bronze coloured mid/bass units? and the 3-way speaker next to the vase of flowers?

are you primarily using the B&W's for all playback now, or do you have your various speakers switchable to select depending on source or material?
The cross over stats for the Klipsch TP_A_PLT.gifnewxover2_med.jpg The copper speakers are the Klipsch RF 7 11s a fine speaker . The other is B&W DM-16. The slim ones are Polk LSi-15s under them are 1975 Sansui sp 5500 considered the best sounding they ever made. Restored the cabs and grills . I have 14 or so set of large speakers that I have the privledge to enjoy . I have The Sansui 7001 Sansui 9001 Sansui 999 with a remote restored by Jim Showker Along with modern Yamaha 7.1 . Also a Decware Zen Torri 111 tube amp so I am rolling all the time. so.jpgPeace Charlie

Yes it will be nice when hurricance season is over. Its all about the journey, living in the moment and trying to focus on the postive. Around midnight I had to go to my parents house to help my father get back into bed. He is 88 and near the end of his journey. My mother is 82 and she couldn't help him get off the floor but she did give him a pillow.

They were lucky that I heard the phone. I managed to get him in bed and put a chair by the bed so he couldnt get up without asking for help. I drove back home and took the dog for a walk. It was beautiful not that humid and the stars were out and I could see lighting in the distance. I enjoy the nightly walks it can still be warm and humid but if the weather is active it can be cool. Especially if a thunderstorm is rolling in, I enjoy the lightning.

I try to find the good in what ever situation I am in. Its all relative depending on your attitude and perception. GratefulDead.JPGCharlie you have an amazing space to enjoy you music. I love the lighting. Enjoy the moment its all we have.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I mostly have modern surround gear. Two of my four modern surround systems have an SQ decoder and CD-4 demogitator attached. My fifth system is Quad, combining a Calibre 225 stereo receiver with a Marantz 2440 Quad amp/rear channel adaptor:
Calibre225front.jpg
Calibre225rear.jpg
2440.jpg
marantz2440bk.jpg
IMAG0060.jpg
sqa2b.jpg

Sorry to hear about your Dad Jack the Reffer. It is tough and painfull . You have the right out look on life. Hope your Dad rebounds. My father passed in 2003 almost 90 years old . I held his head in my hands when he passed riddled with cancer. He walked up Roan mtn in Tenn. a year before his death and wished his ashes be scattered along the Mtn. My avatar on this board is the tree that I planted 15 feet from the appalacion trail in recognition of his life. It is 12 feet tall now. Yea its all we have.

Fishhead and Jack, I'm sorry to hear of your Fathers. I'm sure both situations are very painful.

In the last couple years, I lost my spouse, Mom, Dad, and my Grandmother (at 101), who I lived with until I was 6.

AKAI8100REAR.JPGaKAI8100TOP.jpgAKAIAS8100CU.JPGAkaifrntamLL.jpg Akai AS-8100S receiver is in very nice condition. One of the rear channels blows the fuse but the driver boards are all separate. I will have to photograph the joy stick controls they are different from any I have seen. Time to go to work.

Fishhead and Jack, I'm sorry to hear of your Fathers. I'm sure both situations are very painful.

In the last couple years, I lost my spouse, Mom, Dad, and my Grandmother (at 101), who I lived with until I was 6.
Thank you Linda for your thoughtfull post. You are kind. I see you have your share of greif. None of us are getting out of hear alive. Best Charlie

Great thread...I have a Realistic Modulaire-4 & Sanyo DXL5491, both 4 channel stereo receivers. Neither has a phono input with 4 jacks so I can't connect my quad turntables. Does a receiver need to say quadraphonic in order to have the 4 phono inputs?

Back