• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

OK Quad guys! What's your receiver???

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

gvl_guy

I used to have, many years ago, a Pioneer QX-949a. I miss that baby. Got rid of it a long time ago. Now, I'm back into the quad thing and picked up a Sansui QRX-7001. The only "complaint" I have with the Sansui is that if I hook a stereo device, like a CD player, into the AUX input, you can't run it through the decoder. The only function that works is the discreet output so it's just double stereo. ☹

Nokie

I've got a midline Denon, 4 or 5 years old, that does a great job with 5.1 and has an excellent fakey 5.1 setting for stereo recordings (it's labeled a game selection). It isolates vocals to the center speaker and distributes the rest to the other speakers and subwoofer. I can control the center speaker using the dialog level. The other speakers can also be adjusted. I rarely listen to the direct stereo setting.

evenmorefun

My system started out in 1975 and now has the following equipment:

Pioneer QA-800 integrated amp
2) SAE 2200 power amp
4) JBL L100 speakers
Involve 4 channel decoder
Marantz CD-4 demodulator
Technics SL-1500 DD turntable, Audio Technica AT12S quad cartridge
Teac A-3340S 4 channel reel deck
Sony TC-277-4 4 channel reel deck
Tascam DX-4D DBX type I noise reduction
2) DBX 3BX Series II 3 band dynamic range enhancer
2) DBX SNR-1 sliding frequency noise reduction
Technics SL-MC400 100+1 CD changer
Pioneer DV-578A SACD
Akai GXC-730D auto reverse recording cassette deck
Technics SL-235 BD stacking turntable, Shure V15 Type II cartridge
Sony XDR-F1HD HD AM/FM tuner
Panasonic SH-3433 Quad Audio Scope
2020 01 19.JPG

I also have the Sansui QSE-5B QS quad encoder and the Involve quad encoder in my music studio