Okay - it's close enough to the holidays for The Nutcracker

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brent

300 Club - QQ All-Star
sunday classics.jpg

Tonight on Sunday Classics in Surround we usher in
the holiday season with highlights from the
London Symphony Orchestra's interpretation of
Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker. Then it's Classics from
the movies with Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops and
The Big Picture

http://radiomaxmusic.com/ezmaxpop.html
These have been converted from DTS originals to QS via the
Involve encoder. They sound great in stereo, or using any
QS or PLII decoders - even with headphone, you get that
surround feeling - But with the Surround Master - wow!

let us know if you agree

First "showing" is at 8pm, with a repeat at midnight
(NYC time)

Thanks for doing this. Tonight I didn't connect using my iPhone and Apple TV, but used Amazon FireTV and their built in browser (Silk) to connect to the URL. The FireTV is also connected via HDMI to amp. The one bad thing about the FireTV set-up was that after a short while the screen saver kicks in causing the broadcast to stop. I tried to find out how to control the screensaver setting (turn it off), but it was just easier to go back to using the iPhone and Apple TV. I'll figure it out another day (maybe).

I don't have a Surround Master -- yet. Given all the reviews on other pages in this forum, and now with this offer I think it's time for Santa to get me one. I wonder if the QQ discount is still available?

Last edited:
So do I understand correctly, that the little Involve board, is not yet available to the masses for encoding?
A couple years back, Chucky was offering encoder evaluation boards for around $150 to QQ members. On the Involve Audio USA site they have an Involve Developers Kit for $200 - I'm not sure if it includes the encoder board. And then of course there is always this.

If you have the opportunity to have Santa make a stopover in Australia - I would encourage you to put in the request! If this technology had existed in the 70's - there'd have been no format wars (at least for vinyl) and quad (as a mainstream system) would never have faded.

Back