Quantcast

Old posts revisited

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Every now and then, someone will like one of my posts from more than 10 years ago. And when I read the post they liked, not only do I not remember it, I don't recognize myself in what was written. Anyone else have this experience?

Circular Vibes

Since 2002/2003
As anyone with a lot on ones mind I tend to forget stuff when I reread it later. I find myself backtracking the thread, often seeing long heard from members and hoping they are doing okay. Some of our biggest threads were started and contributed for quite a while and then nothing.

MCDave

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I've had a similar experience a time or two. Except in my case, it's a little different. Someone will revive a thread that's years old, and I start reading through it thinking that it's a new thread. I'll come across a post that I think is kind of rude or snarky, and I'll think "who's the jerk that wrote that?" and I'll look to the left and see that it was me! It's kind of humbling. Apparently I occasionally write things that seem perfectly reasonable to me at the time, but probably rub others the wrong way.

Doug G.

Sometimes, I'll start reading a thread, not realizing it's an old one, start thinking, "I'm going to write a reply", and continue to read the thread, seeing that I already wrote the reply I was thinking of writing anew.

Usually, I remember posts I have written when I read them again.

Doug

par4ken

701 Club - QQ All-Star
It's nice when old threads are revived, far too many times there are multiple threads on the exact same topic. The search function seems to work better than it used to though, I always had trouble finding the old threads in the past.