DVD/DTS Poll Oldfield, Mike - Tubular Bells (2009 5.1 Remix) [DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Mike Oldfield - TUBULAR BELLS [2009]

• Total voters
Listening to the DD. There's some serious bass going on there!

First time voting since I finally went from 2.0 to 5.1.
Before voting, I have listened to a bunch of music over the last week in different styles to try to see how things can vary from genre, medium and mixer. For this I gave this a 7 (7.2) actually.

Surround 7 (2.1)
Not as adventurous as I had hoped but you can certainly hear everything and it has enough variance acoss all channels that it isn't just a stereo mix with some rear channel fading. It is certainly more engaging than the stereo mix in the same package.

Audio 7 (2.1)
As stated in every post related to the format, it is a shame that even though it is a DVD that they went with a lower sample rate DD. I wish it was DTS 96/24. At least it isn't over mastered.

Content 8 (2.4)
Its Tubular Bells, its in my DNA as one of the first non Radio albums I listened to. When I listen to it in the future it is more likely to be this version instead of a stereo one.

Package 6 (.6)
I really wanted to give this a 0 for the package. The DVD isn't in a sleeve, just jammed in a side pocket increasing the chance of damage. It is zero frills, however I have seen crappier so gave it slightly better than average which will take the release from a 6 to a 7. That is probably fair.

Really wanted the 5.1 FLAC version, but it's unavailable officially. However, since it's not available from B&W anymore, I wondered if it could be found elsewhere and found it on the internet archive using Google.

Back