OLED TV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D-Nice does post on AVS...he was THE MAN when it came to calibration on Pioneer's and Panasonic Plasmas...his "settings" for those that didn't want to have their display calibrated were excellent..

Agree especially with the Pannie Plasmas.

My LG 3D TV arrived from the factory perfectly calibrated. Since I've had it. NO FUTHER ADJUSTMENTS WERE NECESSARY and it has since been upgraded to HDR10 and Dolby Vision via WiFi...as has my OPPO 205.

Agree especially with the Pannie Plasmas.

My LG 3D TV arrived from the factory perfectly calibrated. Since I've had it. NO FUTHER ADJUSTMENTS WERE NECESSARY and it has since been upgraded to HDR10 and Dolby Vision via WiFi...as has my OPPO 205.

Did you have any trouble with those firmware updates?

Maybe you guys can push me in the right direction.
I have a 65” Samsung not OLED, that is 3D capable, never used the 3D. I bought in 2015 I think right before the OLED’s came out.
This is the direction I am heading:
OLED 4K HDR 75”-77”
Brand? Seems like LG is popular?
Price? Probably $4500.00 but that seems so expensive.
My #1 question for now as I want to set up the in wall electrical and conduit and close the wall.
Standing looking at TV, is it universal for power HDMI , etc to be on the right half of TV or does that depend on brands, right or left?

I have a 65” Samsung not OLED, that is 3D capable, never used the 3D. I bought in 2015 I think right before the OLED’s came out.
OLED 4K HDR 75”-77”
My #1 question for now as I want to set up the in wall electrical and conduit and close the wall.
Standing looking at TV, is it universal for power HDMI , etc to be on the right half of TV or does that depend on brands, right or left?
All I know is, my LG (not Oled) has the HDMI ports on left side (assuming you are staring at the screen)

My OLED is a couple generations old but all input/output ports are on far left side of tv and power is on far right side of tv, both as I'm facing front of tv.

OLED 4K HDR 75”-77”
Exact positioning is probably brand dependent. My Sony KD55AF8BU has signal connections on the right if looking at the back or left if looking from the front, Power is on the opposite side.
1595956224397.png

My LG 77CX (latest model): Power at right back, HDMI back left (as viewed from the front).

A power socket at back right behind TV is the way to go. I had to cut off the power plug to get the cable down my 2” duct as it has 3 x HDMI cables, TV antenna and one ethernet. The plug was too big.

My seating is 3.2m from TV screen to head position. The TV top is 1.78m from floor. Primarily to allow my centre speaker to be high for more in your face experience.

I’m in negotiations with my wife to move couch closer to TV, maybe about a only foot or so. She likes it, where I’d like get closer, more of a movie screen experience.

Curious , how far back do you sit and height, top of tv from floor?

My rule of thumb Markie is the seating position should be the center of your eye should converge with the center of the screen.......so you don't have to strain to either look up or down at the screen. Saves your neck, believe me. As far as distance.....that will be dictated by the size of your viewing room...as well as the size of your TV...leaving ample room of course for your rear speakers so you won't be sitting on top of them.

Last edited:
Ideally my 77 could be a little lower but I used the existing wall mount from my previous 75” Sony LED and that was the lowest I could do without moving the mount. It’s comfortable though centre is slightly above eye height.

Well at least your listening room will be somewhat OBLONG and NOT SQUARE! But since you are on a second floor, will the noise disturb your California neighbors? That's why I went UNDERGROUND. It's like a bomb shelter and with all the custom shelves stocked to the gills with music and movies, it will further buffer the sound. My only problem is LOW ceilings. That's why I put a fortune into four matching speakers each with it's own sub. If they are imaged properly and the room is properly EQed, it will be like having a 6:4 sound system......ceilings are too low to even consider ATMOS and even if I did, they would hardly match my front/rear Meridian Special Edition speakers.

In other words, Markie, there's ALWAYS A Compromise!

And after a few Jacks and ale [and in my case a few 'bowlfuls'] EVERYTHING will look and SOUND GREAT!

Markie, here's a deal on an LG 77" from Abe's of Maine:

https://www.abesofmaine.com/LG_OLED...w_AI_ThinQ_2019_Model_1039108.html?l=Conexity
BTW, I LOVE the LG Curved Screens. VERY CINEMATIC LOOKING!

See the source image

See the source image

I've bought a few items from Abes...camera and some small items..BUT..I wouldn't by a Large TV from them.....I would wait until Black Friday and buy one at Costco...you get great customer service and inexpensive warranties and concierge service..which I have used and it's great

I've bought a few items from Abes...camera and some small items..BUT..I wouldn't by a Large TV from them.....I would wait until Black Friday and buy one at Costco...you get great customer service and inexpensive warranties and concierge service..which I have used and it's great

I posted that price as a reference. Markie seemed to think an LG 77" would cost $5K. Besides, wouldn't trust shipping a TV from Maine to Northern CALI especially if it comes damaged.

Back