HiRez Poll Opeth - IN CAUDA VENENUM [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Opeth - IN CAUDA VENENUM [Blu-Ray Audio]

• 10: Great Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I think so, he doesn’t have a clue about surround sound unfortunately, i’m fairly sure SW has only done the Damnation 5.1 mix for them
I think Watershed and Black water are 8/10. Would be 9 if they were High resolution. Jens did Ghoest Reveries which was very poor but then he improved with later mixes.

I think Watershed and Black water are 8/10. Would be 9 if they were High resolution. Jens did Ghoest Reveries which was very poor but then he improved with later mixes.

Ghost reveries and Watershed are my two best Opeth albums but the surround mixes are dreadful.

Surprised if Pale Communion and Heritage were done by SW as they are awful mixes as well, just my opinion as a huge Opeth fan

Ghost reveries and Watershed are my two best Opeth albums but the surround mixes are dreadful.

Surprised if Pale Communion and Heritage were done by SW as they are awful mixes as well, just my opinion as a huge Opeth fan
Watershed is great.

PC is very good apart from bottom end and bass guitar going missing at times.

Pale Communion sounds just as good if not better than Damnation once you correct the phase error on one of the front channels. As for Heritage, Peter Mew's mastering might be what you don't like about the sound.

If anyone wants the original, let me know. I have no need since getting the corrected disc- yours for the asking...

Are you saying the corrected disc still has errors?
To be clear, I was referring to Pale Communion, and it was my understanding from a couple of threads dedicated to it that the LFE is still out of phase in the corrected version. I also determined that I had the "corrected" disc. I checked mine today, and sure enough, it appeared to be out of phase. I used MMH to invert the LFE phase, but I haven't had a chance to compare the two yet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys but i’m not good enough to be changing stuff, i’m just an old guy with simple tastes and pleasures

Back