HiRez Poll Opeth - IN CAUDA VENENUM [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Opeth - IN CAUDA VENENUM [Blu-Ray Audio]

• 10: Great Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2019 release from Opeth entitled "In Cauda Venenum".
The Super Deluxe edition of this album contains a 5.1 surround Blu-Ray featuring the album in both English and Swedish!

(y) :) (n)

LP_cover_low.jpg

The BD is definitely glitched. The transition between 9 and 10 should be seamless but the disc introduces some kind of skip or split second gap (not quite sure what it is). I've tried to fix it in Audacity but can't seem to do it successfully.

I didn't notice a gap between 2 & 3 but did have one between 9 & 10 on my rip of the English version,

This is my first purchase of a new Opeth album, not a fan of the harsh vocals, I love the music and songs on this album. I loved it enough to buy Pale Communion though Amazon and Deliverance and Damnation through Discogs, While I love the songs, the surround mix leaves a lot on the table.

The most notable surround feature is the Swedish spoken parts, Occasionally you will hear vocals in the surrounds. For the most part this is release is a stereo mix with some surround mirroring. The most exciting part of the surround mix was the Nuclear Blast "logo".

3 for music and enjoyment of the album
3 for sound quality
0 for surround mix
0 for package

When this arrives in the mail, it seems impressive, but all the weight is from vinyl I will never play,

Last edited:
Back