HiRez Poll Opeth - PALE COMMUNION [BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Opeth - PALE COMMUNION

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround

• Total voters
Picked this up about a month ago and suddenly remembered that this was defective when first released (after revisiting this thread ). But I figured in eight months time the problem must surely have been corrected, right? After my first lifeless listen, I realized that noooo, the problem has not been corrected. Roadrunner is evidently still pushing defective stock. So I immediately contacted Warner music via a link I found on this thread and received a prompt response ( in German ). After translating, it said they try to respond within one business day ( that was a week ago ). I see the replacement page is still up. I downloaded the bonus content using my code, so it is no longer valid. Does anyone know if the corrected discs are still being issued and how to get one. It seems I'm waiting too long for a response from Warner. I'm a little pissed that after this much time, defective copies are still being sold. I got mine at Best Buy, by the way and it has the V01 number on the data side of the disc.

I bought the cd/blu-ray combo on Amazon 2 1/2 weeks ago and both discs seem to be working fine. What does it sound like when it's defective ( I'm not sure what something "out of phase" would sound like.

I also took the plunge on thisrecently at less than $14 after I got Storm Corrosion and was mightily impressed by that. My listening has not shown any problems, though I can't tell for sure. Out of phase will result in "skinny" bass response, as I understand it. My disc seems to have good low frequency response- but I'm thinking it could be better??? (Only had 1 critical listening session- a couple other times where my attention was divided) IIRC, the 1st issue had 1 front and the sub channel out of phase, while the "corrected" disc still had one of those out of phase.

Input from those who received a corrected disc would be appreciated.

You can check the matrix number of the bd-a. The corrected disc has v2 in it, if I am not misaken.

If there's a matrix number on the bd-a, I sure can't read it. Nothing on the front side. There is what could be something on the back, but if it's a number, it's legibility makes those tiny, crazy-fonted liner notes seem like a billboard by comparison.

If there's a matrix number on the bd-a, I sure can't read it. Nothing on the front side. There is what could be something on the back, but if it's a number, it's legibility makes those tiny, crazy-fonted liner notes seem like a billboard by comparison.

I had to use a magnifying glass. Mine also has what I presume is a manufacturing date of 7/9/14.

My first Opeth album... And I love it. I'm convinced there's nothing out of phase on my copy, because it sounds Amazing! Awesome prog from start to finish with stellar musicianship and discrete surround mix. The bonus live songs (in stereo only) are beautiful. A 9 (.5)!

My first Opeth album... And I love it. I'm convinced there's nothing out of phase on my copy, because it sounds Amazing! Awesome prog from start to finish with stellar musicianship and discrete surround mix. The bonus live songs (in stereo only) are beautiful. A 9 (.5)!

The bass guitar is barely audible most of the time and disappears the rest.

The lack of bass guitar is unforgivable. Where is it on Goblin?

I'm planning to purchase the multichannel release of this album. How can I make sure that I get the corrected blu-ray? Apologies for the stupid question, but I didn't have much time to through this and other threads to find the answer. Thanks guys for the help! :)

I'm planning to purchase the multichannel release of this album. How can I make sure that I get the corrected blu-ray? Apologies for the stupid question, but I didn't have much time to through this and other threads to find the answer. Thanks guys for the help! :)

I think if you buy it new through Amazon, Burning Shed or other reputable vendor you should get a corrected copy. I know Amazon had pulled the album when the out of phase issue came to light.

Probably best to avoid used on this one. It's pretty cheap anyway so not much need to search the 'used bins'.

I think if you buy it new through Amazon, Burning Shed or other reputable vendor you should get a corrected copy. I know Amazon had pulled the album when the out of phase issue came to light.

Probably best to avoid used on this one. It's pretty cheap anyway so not much need to search the 'used bins'.
I generally buy from Burningshed, and will probably ask about this issue before placing the order. Thanks for the advise!

I bought it in Burningshed and I received the correct blu ray

What other Opeth has Wilson had his hand in?

Damnation and Heritage i think?

Were those both the bonus discs?

Above i read that they are DTS/AC3.Those are not lossless are they?

If not why would they do that? Are they still worth the purchase?

Cheers

What other Opeth has Wilson had his hand in?

Damnation and Heritage i think?

Were those both the bonus discs?

Above i read that they are DTS/AC3.Those are not lossless are they?

If not why would they do that? Are they still worth the purchase?

Cheers

Excactly. Opeth releases were all DTS/AC3.
They are both great surround mixes.
Damnation was in a set with Deliverance (mixed by Bruce Scoord)

Cheers mate

Lovin it here

Not sure if i have stated yet,my surround system is on back order.End of June is delivery date

i am in prep mode right now
That should give you plenty of time to research & purchase some selections. Happy hunting...

Back