Oppo 103 help please

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRIinIT

I recently picked up an oppo 103. I have it plugged into my Onkyo NR656. I have no sound. No cd no usb and no dvd. I have it plugged into my onkyo with HDMI. Tried two diff ones. Neither working. I have update from 7/13 on it. I think it’s 4819 something like that. I bought this to play my SACD. Not sure if updating will affect anything or will I lose anything.

Does your Onkyo have a TV/CD input? Asking because I also have an Onkyo (TX-NR808) and when I connected my Marantz universal player to it I got the message that I could only connect to TV/CD.
(I had it connected to BD/DVD but that didn't work)

Even when bypass receiver and plug straight to tv still no sound. Tried two diff new hdmi cables

I recently picked up an oppo 103. I have it plugged into my Onkyo NR656. I have no sound. No cd no usb and no dvd. I have it plugged into my onkyo with HDMI. Tried two diff ones. Neither working. I have update from 7/13 on it. I think it’s 4819 something like that. I bought this to play my SACD. Not sure if updating will affect anything or will I lose anything.
Are there some kind of settings that are set to output audio some other way in the 103 other than HDMI?

I wouldant worry about a firmware update. Thats not going to fix what appears to be a dead player. Am i correct in assuming that you are getting video? Maybe try a factory reset.

Yes. Have video.
A6FAFE31-9500-43DD-9DB3-68A578D430DD.jpeg
0BEC5624-C338-48C4-B2F2-CBA310C35820.jpeg

I dont own a 103 but...

First screen: turn "secondary audio" off, Unless your AVR does DSD over HDMI, change "SACD output to LPCM". What options are there for HDMI audio other than LPCM?

Try playing just a CD

Try the stereo analog outs to your tv

I found this listed in the features for your receiver

HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (HDMI inputs 1, 2, 3, and monitor output only)

Does anyone know if the 103 is HDCP compliant? Will it matter?

It also said the recieveer would accepy DS over network or USB. Never said anything about HDMI

HDMI out 1. To your prev. Even by receiver all together straight to tv have no sound. I’ve yet to get any sound with this.

looking at the menu grabs, why is DVD-Audio Mode dimmed? Just comparing all your settings to mine although I'm using a diff receiver

Analog outs? Don’t see it back there. My speakers are wired into my onkyo. No banana plugs for oppo

Back