Oppo 103 help please

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. I got music from rca cable to tv. Now wierdimgetting it thru my rec as well. Doesn’t sound right but a huge step in the right direction.
So are you saying that you get sound from the analog RCAs when connected to the TV but not when connected to the onkyo AVR?

Have you ever connected anything to the AVR using HDMI other than the TV?

So I did a factory reset and a FireWare update first and it started playing right away. Thank you all for all the help I greatly appreciate it. Now I need to make sure I have the settings right for 5.1 surround. Peace ken C
Victory! Yes, check the surround settings is important. When I first started the hobby, I think I was listening in double stereo mode or any number of other non-ideal configurations for quite a while.

So I did a factory reset and a FireWare update first and it started playing right away. Thank you all for all the help I greatly appreciate it. Now I need to make sure I have the settings right for 5.1 surround. Peace ken C
I'm glad for you. Just keep asking questions if you need help with the settings.

FireWare? you meant firmware right?

For those reading this in the future, OPPO BDP-103's are great, if your transport method will be HDMI.
If you're going analog, you need a 95, 105 or 205. I can not stress this enough.

Um using the 203 oppo analogs out to old pioneer avr analog ins...works great however my oppo is becoming finnicky with some of my bluray discs... Getting the "unknown disc" message looks like ill have to be sending it in for repair :(

I'll miss u oppo ...i love u

Um using the 203 oppo analogs out to old pioneer avr analog ins...works great however my oppo is becoming finnicky with some of my bluray discs... Getting the "unknown disc" message looks like ill have to be sending it in for repair :(

I'll miss u oppo ...i love u

For those reading this in the future, OPPO BDP-103's are great, if your transport method will be HDMI.
If you're going analog, you need a 95, 105 or 205. I can not stress this enough.
That's great info I was shopping for a 103 to use analog inputs on my Sansui QRX-7500 look like that's not going to happen.

I had those issues with a Denon 2910, I used a DVD disc with the brushes and a little alcohol. Works good for me. No I didn't drink LOL. Oppo was good at repairing an older OPPO when they were still selling them. and turnaround was quick.

I had those issues with a Denon 2910, I used a DVD disc with the brushes and a little alcohol. Works good for me. No I didn't drink LOL. Oppo was good at repairing an older OPPO when they were still selling them. and turnaround was quick.

Yeah i could try that.. But its still just under warranty...n laser is probably starting to go so better to have oppo take care of it...guess ill be using sony ubp x800 for awhile ...wont be able to really play my sacd cuz my avr has no hdmi so ill be limited to bluray n dvd thru coax for a bit..emailed oppo n they got back to me pretty quick..waiting for email w shipping label...will pack it up next couple days

A few years back I had trouble getting sound when setting up my then new Oppo BDP-93. I can't remember the specifics but believe I'd set the Output Resolution under Video Setup on the Oppo to 1080p. My Samsung LED TV is quite old and is 720p. It seems that involving the TV in the whole setup messed with the playing of music discs. Switching to 1080i solved my problem if I recall correctly. Good luck.

Back