Oppo - 103D & 105D unlock / hack to play SACD-Rs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I thought we had all come to the conclusion that only an older Oppo without up to date firmware would play a recorded SACD disc. And that that was that.

Now I am starting to see Oppo 105Ds for sale that have been hacked to play SACD-R amoung other ISO, etc. files.

I am also seeing the firmware hack or unlock, or whatever it is for sale on a thumbdrive. See below link:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/b...-free-unlock-firmware-2017-09-12-home-theater

Has anyone else heard about SACD-R playback on a Oppo 105D?

(note: must have firmware 83-1226 or older)

Yippy-Yay, just checked and my 105D has firmware: 83-1226. I'm in on the action baby!!!

(edit)

It's just the "Jailbreak" firmware that has been around for 3 years now. Not many folks wanted to try it on their machines apparently. It's for US players only.

Now it seems to have become very obscure, not around anymore I guess. Some folks could not use it because they had already updated their firmware beyond the one where the hack applied would work. That may be a part of why it's not real popular.

Last edited:
Hi, I didn’t know there was a hack for the oppo 103/105 to allow SACD-R playback!
I have an oppo 103au. Does anybody know how to do it? I have a dongle mod to allow region free blu-Ray playback but that was it.
Cheers
D

Perhaps buying another one to use as a spare would be a wise choice.
Yeah, got to do something.
I also have a 970-HD that plays SACD-R, and a Samsung HD845 that has a firmware hack. Unfortunately when I pulled them out a while back, neither would function.....I only have one old receiver left anyway that has MCH analog inputs, but it keeps going.
I don't know if I'll fool with the old ones, I want a 4K BD capable but is there one (any brand) that also plays SACD-R's?

Yippee! I kept my 970 HD and I do remember playing an SACD-R on it the EE Biggs Bach Organ title that is OOP and uber expensive. Another reason to hang on to that OPPO.....but in view of the above guess I should dig it out and make sure it still works....

I'm behind as usual.....you mean the "newer" Oppo's won't play SACD-R? So much for being a Universal player. My BDP-80 plays anything I guess (not 4K BD). Hope Oppo parts are available until I die........

The 93 & 95 were the last models that could play SACD-R (and were Cinavia-free). That's why I'm holding onto the BDP-95 even though I recently acquired a UDP-205.

The 93 & 95 were the last models that could play SACD-R (and were Cinavia-free). That's why I'm holding onto the BDP-95 even though I recently acquired a UDP-205.
And that is only if you did not get the latest firmware update right? The firmware updates kills off the SACD-R playback iirc.

I'm behind as usual.....you mean the "newer" Oppo's won't play SACD-R? So much for being a Universal player. My BDP-80 plays anything I guess (not 4K BD). Hope Oppo parts are available until I die........
No, they don't. It was quickly removed after those two old players.

But I wonder why this hack method has not taken off at all?

And that is only if you did not get the latest firmware update right? The firmware updates kills off the SACD-R playback iirc.

Nope. The SACD-R playback still works with the last firmware update (BDP9x-82-1009 from October 2014). I believe the only feature zapped out was the ability to play ISO files, which was from a much earlier firmware.

I want the oppo bdp-103au firmware hack so very much now that I know :(
I believe it did work, but it was for US only players. :cry:

I have the US 105D so I should be in on this one. But it's kinda obscure for some reason.

I can vouch that the hacked firmware does exactly what it claims. Works for me.

Hack Chart.jpg

Last edited:
Back