Oppo 93 - blu ray audio issues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

van1

Oppo 93 question, i just picked a used one up and tried to connect it via my tv or sony home theatre.

It will play cds and dvds just fine but it wont play tge audio on blu rays (picture is fine).

Does this sound like a settings issue (i reconnect ARC) or a fault of the player?
Thanks

Oppo 93 question, i just picked a used one up and tried to connect it via my tv or sony home theatre.

It will play cds and dvds just fine but it wont play tge audio on blu rays (picture is fine).

Does this sound like a settings issue (i reconnect ARC) or a fault of the player?
Thanks

Need some more info on your setup to help. Using hdmi? If connected to TV, what connection between TV and AVR do you have? If connected to AVR, which AVR? Can it accept bitstream or do you have to decode in the Oppo and send LPCM? Have you set up the input on your AVR for the connection you're using (e.g. if you're feeding the input hdmi, is that input set for hdmi audio?)

The more info you give, the more we're able to help...

The oppo 93 i bought as a back up and wa trying to test it.
I’m currently using an oppo 103 (and previously used an oppo 83) that goes via hdmi into my sony bdp 380 home theatre, the sony goes via hdmi into my bauhn tv. When i activated the CEC and ARC functions, everything previously went smoothly but when i just tried to test the oppo 93 i couldnt get sound from blu ray or sacd to work...

Last edited:
all good, normal service has been resumed :)
It took me about an hour to set things up and play with the settings, to be honest i dont even know what i did in the end.
I dont think im a total luddite but some times these things are not intuitive, especially when someone has messedaround with it before you.

Mods feel free to delete this thread if you choose as i dont think this is a hardware problem

Last edited:
Back