Oppo BDP-103/105 Wifi Adapter

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamoke

For anyone looking for a USB WiFi adapter for an Oppo BDP-103 or 105, you can use any adapter that utilizes the Ralink RT5370 chipset.

There are several shapes and sizes out there and most are under $10.
Trying to replace an original Oppo dongle will generally cost you far north of $50, but I have verified the Ralink RT5370 works as good as (or better) than the OEM.

I have tried this one on eBay but there are many others out there that I'm sure will work too... google "Ralink RT5370".
eBay Link To Ralink RT5370

Just plug and play, and realize that you are limited to the 2.4 Ghz band. That will be true of ANY USB adapter for the Oppo BDP-10x boxes.

For anyone looking for a USB WiFi adapter for an Oppo BDP-103 or 105, you can use any adapter that utilizes the Ralink RT5370 chipset.

There are several shapes and sizes out there and most are under $10.
Trying to replace an original Oppo dongle will generally cost you far north of $50, but I have verified the Ralink RT5370 works as good as (or better) than the OEM.

I have tried this one on eBay but there are many others out there that I'm sure will work too... google "Ralink RT5370".
eBay Link To Ralink RT5370

Just plug and play, and realize that you are limited to the 2.4 Ghz band. That will be true of ANY USB adapter for the Oppo BDP-10x boxes.
Thanks Jamoke, can't lose for $8. I have my eye on a 103, cheap, box only, so I'll need this. I saw this one as well and I'm Prime
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Rasp...=ralink+usb+wifi+rt5370&qid=1616800097&sr=8-3

Did that Amazon one work please? I just got a 103D to play the DVDs and BRs that I've somehow accumulated.

Just FYI, I read of an alternative in another forum. Using a TP-Link TL-WR702N in client mode. I have one of these a few years ago that I bought to take with me on my travels, back when hotels used to charge for wifi etc. Now that most hotels give you free wifi, and I have/ had a decent roaming plan, this device has been neglected for a while. I'll see if it works, but there's no reason to suppose that it won't.

Attachments

• TL-WR702N_V1_QIG_7106504353.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 139
Okay. I couldn't get the TP-Link to work in client mode. Probably due to my Google wifi network. I guess I'll be getting a cheap Amazon stick.

I have tried 2 dongles on a model 93 and they didn't work. Any Idea what will work on a Model 93?
My original Oppo WiFi dongle worked fine but I tried to get something better such as MIMO. Two out of two didn't work. So I just went to cat 6 hardwired. It is a challenge to get replacement WiFi for Oppo. Good luck!

Back