Oppo BDP- 103

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4_everyman

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Wow- you're really backed up! Ready for the apocalypse!
I'm knockin' on the door of my 64th birthday and I'm pretty sure my all of my universal players will outlive me. šŸ˜Œ

I've just started on the process of ripping my entire CD collection (~3000 titles) to the Bluesound Vault 2i that I gifted myself from my federal tax refund. When I finish that task, I plan to hang on to the discs anyway. I worked in the PC business and it was universally acknowledged that hard disk drives were always the weakest link in the PC hardware chain. Along the way I'll be backing up the Vault's disk drive to an external 2 TB Solid State drive.

Guy Robinson

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I'm knockin' on the door of my 64th birthday and I'm pretty sure my all of my universal players will outlive me. šŸ˜Œ

I've just started on the process of ripping my entire CD collection (~3000 titles) to the Bluesound Vault 2i that I gifted myself from my federal tax refund. When I finish that task, I plan to hang on to the discs anyway. I worked in the PC business and it was universally acknowledged that hard disk drives were always the weakest link in the PC hardware chain. Along the way I'll be backing up the Vault's disk drive to an external 2 TB Solid State drive.
Only 2TB's? Although if they are just CD's that's quite a few CD's that it will hold. I just ran out of space on my 24TB's of drives.

4_everyman

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Only 2TB's? Although if they are just CD's that's quite a few CD's that it will hold. I just ran out of space on my 24TB's of drives.
According the Bluesound website, if you want to back-up the contents of the internal disk drive, the external back-up drive needs to be of the same capacity.