Oppo BDP 103D freezing at start-up

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch

Recently, after every two or three power-ons, my Oppo BDP-103D freezes at start-up, with "HELLO" displaying. It is then unresponsive to any commands and I have to force it to power off by holding in the power button for a few seconds. I've checked that it has the latest firmware (Oppo hasn't released any firmware updates for this machine for ages). I haven't activated the menu command for restarting at the previous point in the disc - it always starts at the beginning. I would be grateful if anyone else had any ideas how to fix this.

I sent a message to Oppo Support and I am waiting for their response.

I'm guessing you'll hear back tomorrow (y)

1598209936525.png

Recently, after every two or three power-ons, my Oppo BDP-103D freezes at start-up, with "HELLO" displaying. It is then unresponsive to any commands and I have to force it to power off by holding in the power button for a few seconds. I've checked that it has the latest firmware (Oppo hasn't released any firmware updates for this machine for ages). I haven't activated the menu command for restarting at the previous point in the disc - it always starts at the beginning. I would be grateful if anyone else had any ideas how to fix this.
Oppo wrote back to me - check that you have the latest firmware - on Oppo Digital Product support page. Check Standby Mode and set to Energy Efficient if it is currently on Quick Start.
Setup Menu > Device Setup > Standby Mode
The firmware version is also under Device Setup.

Mine has done this occasionally. Are you sure you have to hold down the power button? Mine always turns off eventually with a single momentary press of the button, even though the display doesn't change.

Will suggest removing any USB storage devices, and erasing and turning OFF the internal memory and autoplay features.

Mine has done this occasionally. Are you sure you have to hold down the power button? Mine always turns off eventually with a single momentary press of the button, even though the display doesn't change.
I have waited 10-15 seconds, after pressing the button. Maybe I should wait a bit longer. Regardless - when it freezes, it won't load the disc,

My 103 (not D) freezes up sometimes after a disc is loaded. It just displays all zero's on the indicator, as when a disc hasn't started, but zilch after that. BTW my BDP-80 has done this as well.
Neither does it often. In fact seldom enough I don't remember what disc had been inserted.
Usually I manually turn the power off at the switch, wait a little then using the remote I hit "eject". The unit(s) come to life and the tray pops out.

Back