Oppo BDP-80 won't play Lennon Legend - any clues?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClarkNovak

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
First time I've tried to play this disc on my BDP-80, and it simply will not play.

Main menus load and audio plays, but no matter which audio output I select (Dolby Digital, DTS or PCM Stereo), the disc gets about 23 seconds into "Imagine" (with no audio output, even though my trusty Sony STR-DE945 shows it's decoding multi-channel) and freezes. Trying to start the disc with other tracks results in no track access and the player simply stops.

I've updated today to the latest Oppo firmware (BDP80-26-1020) to see if it would solve the problem, but no joy. Anyone have ideas?

I have a similar problem...my Oppo 103 won't play(won't even load)disc 2 of the McCartney 3 DVD set...it wouldn't play in my Panasonic blu ray player either...and I can't seem to find anybody else with this problem...and the disc is spotless...if your Oppo is playing other discs then you have to look at the disc itself...sometimes these discs just fail...I've had a couple of discs that wouldn't play a specific codec properly...which is just due to "wonky" disc authoring....if you haven't already tried it you could clean the disc....

Back