Oppo clone Reavon coming out in April in Europe

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

LennonCobain

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
So I emailed and asked if the player will do 'pure' DVD-Audio, we'll see what comes back.
PS: I also asked them if it was effectively an Oppo!
What do you mean by pure DVD-A? My Sony supports DVD-A but via HDMI which I assume is what these players will do too.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
So I emailed and asked if the player will do 'pure' DVD-Audio, we'll see what comes back.
PS: I also asked them if it was effectively an Oppo!
Regarding the latter, it would make perfect sense to buy the rights from OPPO since all the metal parts and innards, I'm sure, are intact and then perhaps making a few refinements to the more expensive UBR~X200 by replacing the Oppo's ESS DACs with the Burr Browns to justify it's cost....perhaps resulting in better sonics all around!

Last edited:

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
What do you mean by pure DVD-A? My Sony supports DVD-A but via HDMI which I assume is what these players will do too.
So how does that work? Does the Sony convert the MLP to PCM and send it out over HDMI ? Or is the AVR/processor you use MLP capable?

I dont know what Pure DVD-A means either. Maybe it means; "Does it decode the MLP stream?"

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
So how does that work? Does the Sony convert the MLP to PCM and send it out over HDMI ? Or is the AVR/processor you use MLP capable?

I dont know what Pure DVD-A means either. Maybe it means; "Does it decode the MLP stream?"
NEVER heard of PURE DVD~A as Opposed to PURE DSD which means recording and mastering were all done in DSD and the Player is programmed to output DSD to the pre/pro/amps

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
NEVER heard of PURE DVD~A as Opposed to PURE DSD which means recording and mastering were all done in DSD and the Player is programmed to output DSD to the pre/pro/amps
Me thinks the confusion comes from the usage of a combined DVD Audio Video logo. Usually similar but individual logos would be used for DVD Audio and DVD Video.Had they stuck to that tradition the ability to play DVD-A would be clear.

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I own the Panasonic DP-UB9000P-K for exceptional Blu Ray and the Sony UBP-X800M2 for exceptional SACD, DVD-A and Blu Ray of course, both stacked, looks like one unit for $1300.00.
I have to laugh, mention cables and tweaks and what not and the Devils come out, that's a bunch of snake oil, but mention any player and it is ga-ga.
IMG_1014.jpg

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I own the Panasonic DP-UB9000P-K for exceptional Blu Ray and the Sony UBP-X800M2 for exceptional SACD, DVD-A and Blu Ray of course, both stacked, looks like one unit for $1300.00.
I have to laugh, mention cables and tweaks and what not and the Devils come out, that's a bunch of snake oil, but mention any player and it is ga-ga.
View attachment 64092
Is that a flip-phone I see hiding to the left of your speaker. hahaha.....ahem.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
View attachment 64092
What I don't see are any of those remarkable Shakti Stones sitting atop any of your components, Markie. CHEAP BASTARD!

See the source image

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

Yikes! I meant a DVD-A so not containing video as opposed to a DVD-A/V (which are authored differently), hence 'pure' in ' '. A lot of players will do DVD-A/V but not DVD-A which can have 5.1 as MLP and aren't recognised.