Oppo clone Reavon coming out in April in Europe

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Most of my DVD-As are burned ones, so players like the Sony that won't play them are useless to me.

I know SACD-R was forbidden by licencing, but what is the issue with burned DVD-A? It's perfectly reasonable to put music you have recorded yourself on one, or record the output of a quad decoder like CD-4 on one to avoid wearing out a CD-4. And while Oppo removed SACD-R and .iso playback due to licence requirements, I don't think they ever removed burned DVD-A playback. This sounds to me like something Sony did on their own, or even something that was meant to prevent SACD-R but also stopped burned DVD-As.
I think it was a just a sin of omission myself.

The56Kid

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
The other guy said STELLAR. Clearly he's out of his element if he thinks Oppo sounds the same as Esoteric/MSB/DCS. Those don't even sound similar to each other. Same old Story...those with no experience with High End Gear or the wallet to match have to bash everything they cant afford. I still have NOS Oppo 105's and 205's Still sealed in their boxes as well as open ones. They aren't even close to being in the same league even with my old ears. To say otherwise is just completely ignorant and uninformed
Not all of us have a BILLION$ to spend on this great hobby of ours, BABY. So we’re happy with what we got.

gene_stl

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I have a pal here in St. Louis who is one of the most rigorously honest people I have met.

He has an Oppo 205 that he wants to sell. If he hasn't sold it already he would probably give QQ members a very good deal on it.
I think he would take 1800 if its not already gone. I will ask.

Edit: He sold it for $2200+ on fleeb.

Last edited:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This thread now contains some of the most smelly piles of shit I've ever heard. Thought I'd just toss that out there. Thankfully, my parents provided me with humility...which stops me from saying how great I am....and my 6 figure salary has allowed me to purchase some amazing gear. Again, my humility is stopping me.....really...it is. But, please believe me......really. I want you to. lmao

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This thread now contains some of the most smelly piles of shit I've ever heard. Thought I'd just toss that out there. Thankfully, my parents provided me with humility...which stops me from saying how great I am....and my 6 figure salary has allowed me to purchase some amazing gear. Again, my humility is stopping me.....really...it is. But, please believe me......really. I want you to. lmao
Hey, who hacked my account? I didn't say that!!

BILLION$BABY

OZZY, Your more than welcome to join my fan club page on Facebook....RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS. You can view about 4000 of the 9000+ Gold and Platinum Records I have received from my contacts in the music industry over the past 35 years or so. Even have some of Tony Iommi's personal awards. ENJOY!!! :)

zabble

Since 2002/2003
I have a pal here in St. Louis who is one of the most rigorously honest people I have met.

He has an Oppo 205 that he wants to sell. If he hasn't sold it already he would probably give QQ members a very good deal on it.
I think he would take 1800 if its not already gone. I will ask.
I might be interested in this, if it is available.

The56Kid

OZZY, Your more than welcome to join my fan club page on Facebook....RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS. You can view about 4000 of the 9000+ Gold and Platinum Records I have received from my contacts in the music industry over the past 35 years or so. Even have some of Tony Iommi's personal awards. ENJOY!!! :)
I’m sure you didn’t receive one from Humble Pie!