Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I see this thread I SEE...
"REAVERS"

(not shiny!)

Ooops... how did a pic of Morena make it here???
iu

But honestly...my favorite one here was Jewel.."Kaylee"
iu

Every time I see this thread I SEE...
"REAVERS"

(not shiny!)

Ooops... how did a pic of Morena make it here???
iu

But honestly...my favorite one here was Jewel.."Kaylee"
iu
I'm going to have go through and watch all my Firefly box set discs and Serenity film now, oh and as a result also listen to Marillion's Kayleigh, hey they didn't spell it correctly!

Just received this:

Hello Ron,

Indeed, our players will be in your country soon with voltage and region coding.
Please register using our website, we will keep you posted

Thanks a lot for contacting the REAVON team,

Jacques (Reavon)
www.reavon.com
But they don't support DVD-Audio? WTF??? How dare they call it a "universal player"?

As an owner of two OPPO players I love, and as someone who hates to give Sony any of my money, I must add that the UBP-X800 4K player I bought in 2017 ($159) is the best non-OPPO player I've ever used. Picture quality, audio options, snappy transport, simple remote and just well behaved all-around. Won't play my burned DVD-As (not its mission) but does play burned BD (AVCHD)! Shocking that it's a Sony product (playing actual DVD-A discs on it makes me gleeful with irony).

Probably won't make a move on one of these (Sonic Wiz maintain mode) but curious to see how it plays out. Given the top dollar (aka insane) prices the 4K Oppo players command, it's only logical someone would try to pick up the mantle.

For those that are interested...or just curious....this thread should be interesting to follow...the opinion there is that these are NOT Oppo Clones...more like Pioneer players...

If they are indeed Pioneer clones, then stay away. I bought one years ago because it was on paper just as good as the Oppo but much cheaper. I couldn't get it to play half the discs I tried. I sent it back to the factory and got it back "fixed." It was, for a while, then did the same thing again. So I bought another one brand new to see if it was just bad luck. Three players later they all sucked. I have one sitting collecting dust in my basement and bought a used Oppo 103. Haven't had a problem. Stay away from Pioneer all in one. And I say this as I have had Pioneer receivers for over a decade and love them, but their all in one player was junk.

Just so you know...Samsung stopped making blu ray players in 2019
Guess I'm behind the times, but I am at a lot of things. LOL
I must add that the UBP-X800 4K player I bought in 2017 ($159) is the best non-OPPO player I've ever used. Picture quality, audio options, snappy transport, simple remote and just well behaved all-around.
That's funny, I bought a Sony X800 to replace my old Samsung 8500 so I could spin SACD's. It was a wonderful player with one of the smoothest, quietest disc drawers I've ever seen. But I had a few silly quirks in it's software that drove me nuts so I returned it. Still using my old Sammy, it's digital sound and video are as good as anything out there. Then I bought a used Sony S5100 for $40 off ebay and I get to rip SACD's with it too. LOL
My computer drives handle DVD-A chores for me with no problems so I'm all set in that department.
Its called 5.1 or 7.1 Show me a Samsung or Sony with Analog Outs
You are correct, none have it. And the later Oppo's do offer stellar DAC performance so if that's where you choose to do your digital conversion, kool. But if you're looking to do any kind of DRC such as Dirac, Audyssey, whatever, the AVR is converting it back to digital with it's own DAC's to do the work. So I highly doubt any possible SQ advantage survives. Might just as well let you AVR do the work in the first place.

As an owner of two OPPO players I love, and as someone who hates to give Sony any of my money, I must add that the UBP-X800 4K player I bought in 2017 ($159) is the best non-OPPO player I've ever used. Picture quality, audio options, snappy transport, simple remote and just well behaved all-around. Won't play my burned DVD-As (not its mission) but does play burned BD (AVCHD)! Shocking that it's a Sony product (playing actual DVD-A discs on it makes me gleeful with irony).

Probably won't make a move on one of these (Sonic Wiz maintain mode) but curious to see how it plays out. Given the top dollar (aka insane) prices the 4K Oppo players command, it's only logical someone would try to pick up the mantle.

Is the Sony UPB-X800 the best option still if getting today to play Dvda,Sacd,and BR?

Can you hookup a Hard drive to play flac's like a Oppo as well?

Back