Ordering Dutton Vocalion SACDs from Amazon?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A LOT cheaper buying from D~V DIRECT but you're correct, Markie, all those tasty little treasures all in a row. MORE ROCK 'n ROLL, PLEEEEZZZEEEE?

How it it cheaper than buying from D/V directly? Looks like double the price to me.

How it it cheaper than buying from D/V directly? Looks like double the price to me.
Please re read sir.
I said: A tiny bit more money, from a third party seller, but guaranteed by Amazon. Plus nice to see all of them in a row.
Nobody saying cheaper, THE CHEAPEST IS FROM DV. Now, glad that is over.

That seller is actually Dutton/Vocalion. The prices have been adjusted to make up for Amazon's cut.

Please re read sir.
I said: A tiny bit more money, from a third party seller, but guaranteed by Amazon. Plus nice to see all of them in a row.
Nobody saying cheaper, THE CHEAPEST IS FROM DV. Now, glad that is over.

Amazon's cut is 25-30% - given that DV has offered awesome support, including replacing an order that was lost in the mail no questions asked, tells me that I'd rather just order from them directly.

Amazon's cut is 25-30% - given that DV has offered awesome support, including replacing an order that was lost in the mail no questions asked, tells me that I'd rather just order from them directly.

Absolutely true and in true Amazon fashion, a lot of the reviews for the DV discs are actually for other formats [like the RBCD version] as some of the reviews date back from before the D~V QUAD SACDs were actually released!

I just hope they sell in 'reasonable' amounts so we can look forward to MORE and especially note how many QUAD SACDs were released [a lot of them two~fers] in such a short period of time.
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Fair enough, I feel the same.
However, there must be millions more potential buyers browsing Amazon than here or the D-V storefront.
Might D-V find it more efficient to outsource marketing and shipping to the US?

I noticed that you can purchase 65 Vocalion discs via Amazon.

Amazon reviews few to none on many titles.
Might be a community service and a help to Dutton for eloquent enthusiasts to expostulate on the amazonian jungle vine...

D-V does show a five-star shipper rating with ~3000 99% positive reviews.
3000 discs they might not have sold otherwise?

Delivery estimate to US a reasonable 15-30 days.

:wave

Fair enough, I feel the same.
However, there must be millions more potential buyers browsing Amazon than here or the D-V storefront.
Might D-V find it more efficient to outsource marketing and shipping to the US?

Amazon reviews few to none on many titles.
Might be a community service and a help to Dutton for eloquent enthusiasts to expostulate on the amazonian jungle vine...

D-V does show a five-star shipper rating with ~3000 99% positive reviews.
3000 discs they might not have sold otherwise?

Delivery estimate to US a reasonable 15-30 days.

:wave

Although a lot of us might have an unfavorable opinion about amazon...it's a big deal for Dutton to be on there...it can really put a company on the map....I'm going to put some reviews on amazon of the one's I purchased thru Dutton..

Although a lot of us might have an unfavorable opinion about amazon...it's a big deal for Dutton to be on there...it can really put a company on the map....I'm going to put some reviews on amazon of the one's I purchased thru Dutton..

Good idea Clint,I should do the same [post positive reviews]. Just wish Amazon wouldn't allow reviews from other formats seeping into their D~V descriptions. When I saw 50 positive reviews for Pure Prairie League, I realized it wasn't for the D~V SACD but rather the RCA RBCD version: https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Prairie...qid=1516085228&sr=8-53&keywords=vocalion+sacd

This link was provided from AmazonUS' listing of the D~V SACD of the two~fer for Pure Prairie League........just saying.

It's actually surprisingly easy to list a product on Amazon if you're a pro seller. I do completely agree that reviews anywhere are helpful, and Amazon reviews are typically the first Google result.

Amazon product stacking has some benefits, but reviews aren't tied to particular editions, which is just dumb.

Good idea Clint,I should do the same [post positive reviews]. Just wish Amazon wouldn't allow reviews from other formats seeping into their D~V descriptions. When I saw 50 positive reviews for Pure Prairie League, I realized it wasn't for the D~V SACD but rather the RCA RBCD version: https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Prairie...qid=1516085228&sr=8-53&keywords=vocalion+sacd

This link was provided from AmazonUS' listing of the D~V SACD of the two~fer for Pure Prairie League........just saying.

When ever I have done a review on Amazon in the title I will say for instance, SACD 5.1, or 1992 Stereo RBCD, etc. Then whoever reads my review knows exactly what version I am talking about.
For these DV releases I would type in the title box, "Dutton Vocalion 5.1 multi channel release". The point is to make it more about the release and not your opinion, in the title box.
Then you can go hog wild in your comments.

When ever I have done a review on Amazon in the title I will say for instance, SACD 5.1, or 1992 Stereo RBCD, etc. Then whoever reads my review knows exactly what version I am talking about.
For these DV releases I would type in the title box, "Dutton Vocalion 5.1 multi channel release". The point is to make it more about the release and not your opinion, in the title box.
Then you can go hog wild in your comments.

That is spot on...making sure the reader knows exactly what you are commenting on is the most important element for hi rez products...which as Ralphie pointed out is usually a mish mash of different formats on amazon

It's actually surprisingly easy to list a product on Amazon if you're a pro seller. I do completely agree that reviews anywhere are helpful, and Amazon reviews are typically the first Google result.

Amazon product stacking has some benefits, but reviews aren't tied to particular editions, which is just dumb.

Actually what I meant by "its a big deal"....wasn't that it was hard to sell on amazon...but the possible impact it could have on their bottom line with this increased product exposure...right now if you don't belong to one of the forums I doubt you would even know about Dutton...I wouldn't...

I just want to mention that anyone who enjoys their Dutton purchase please make your opinions known on amazon...I was surprised 10 minutes ago when I checked my emails and there was an email from amazon UK...it was one of those amazon recommendations for your next purchase emails...and it was for Breakaway!...I went to the item and saw that someone made a very positive review...my point is that although most of us think these amazon reviews are useless..others don't...and why not write some intelligent reviews and let people know about these excellent discs...it's in our best interest to see Dutton succeed...they are doing the heavy lifting by producing these titles at very reasonable prices...all we have to do is let others know about them:)

Are there sellers on Amazon selling the Dutton Vocalion SACDs for less than Dutton Vocalion is?

There aren't any other sellers...that I could find... on amazon US

While exposure on the AmazonUS website is a huge plus in making the public aware of these D~V SACD QUAD titles, for the SAVVY buyer, paying $20 per title + $3.99 s/h EACH from Amazon is NOT. I usually buy ALL the titles directly from D~V when they reach pre~order status and IMO, this is the most cost effective way of adding these titles to one's collection.

I always order discs from Ace, Eric, BGO, Dutton Vocalion direct from the companies. I like to give them all the support possible. I've never had any problems - sometimes the discs arrive before the release date.

Have to admit that my lack of German has defeated me today when trying to order an SACD from ARS Produktion. Heaven alone knows what half the buttons were meant to do - I couldn't find any way of going to checkout!

D-V sell their discs through a number of 'marketplace' type outlets, including Amazon, eBay and discogs. It's a great way for them to increase the exposure of their product to the 'great unwashed' type of consumer.

But as other people in this thread have noted, the websites they sell through take a percentage of their price in commission, so if you buy directly from the D-V website you pay less and D-V gets more, so it's a win/win for everyone. All the listings you see on Amazon for D-V, both UK and US still ship directly from D-V, so if you're ordering D-V product from Amazon all you're doing is giving them some free money for helping you to place the same order you could place from D-V's website.

Reviews on the other hand are a different story - positive reviews (on Amazon, or any other external site you might frequent) absolutely do sell discs to people who might otherwise not know about D-V, or that these quad SACDs are being reissued. So if you genuinely do enjoy a disc, please do post a positive review about it on Amazon or any external site you visit.

I think the suggestion that if you're posting on Amazon that you make specific mention that you're talking about the D-V disc is a good one too, because of the way amazon seems to mix together reviews for different versions of the same product. I've said before on here that buying the D-V discs is voting with your wallet for them to release more - posting reviews on Amazon that get other people to do the same has just as powerful an effect.

Back