HiRez Poll O'Sullivan, Gilbert - DRIVEN [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of O'Sullivan, Gilbert - DRIVEN

• 10: Great Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new release from Gilbert O'Sullivan entitled "Driven".
The High Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-Ray edition contains 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos mixes from engineer Richard Whittaker and was available exclusively from the Superdeluxeedition.com webstore.
The Dolby Atmos mix is also available to stream on all Dolby Atmos streaming providers:
https://music.apple.com/us/album/driven/1615983060
(y) :) (n)
bluray_signed_600.jpeg

You would not believe that a man of 75 could still have a fine singing voice.

This release is Gilbert showing he still has what it takes to write and sing great songs.

I didn't know quite what to expect as I remember him and his string of hits from the early 70's and not heard much from him since then.

This selection of songs and accompanying music 🎶 is really good.
The mix has been used tastefully to accentuate the songs , where necessary.

I've given it a 9

Missed this.hope they will be reissuing like they did with TOF tipping point. BTW His album 'stranger on my own backyard" is one of the best albums I've ever heard!

The voice is not like it was in the 70's(Heck my voice is not like it was in the 70's either) but the song writing is still there, though I will admit to only knowing the hits really. Bought because well Paul should be supported for the fine job he is doing over at SDE.

I am neither dissappointed in buying this or the songs and mix, its nice yo get a good surround mix from someone other than something that has not been touched in someway by Steven Wilson.

Nice set shame its only 750 copies made but ill take my signed copy and be very happy.

Back