Overpriced Vintage Equipment: You've gotta be kidding me!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For that much coin I could seriously consider some used Altec Voice of the Theater speakers and really make my neighbours take notice or hate me. Some things are more like pure greed and like throwing spaghetti or mashed potatoes at the wall just to see if it sticks.

I’m pretty sure this is the same unit that’s been for sale for between 8 & 10 years. If it is, it was being offered for 3K way back when even that number seemed ludicrously high, so my guess is that the seller continues to reject all reasonable offers, whilst re-raising the price periodically whenever he thinks someone might be biting too close.

You only have to look at the ever-escalating asking-for and selling-at figures for the 9090db, a decent 125WPC receiver that you could buy practically NOS still with it’s original box for like $400 to $500 just ten years ago!

I’m pretty sure this is the same unit that’s been for sale for between 8 & 10 years. If it is, it was being offered for 3K way back when even that number seemed ludicrously high, so my guess is that the seller continues to reject all reasonable offers, whilst re-raising the price periodically whenever he thinks someone might be biting too close.

You only have to look at the ever-escalating asking-for and selling-at figures for the 9090db, a decent 125WPC receiver that you could buy practically NOS still with it’s original box for like $400 to $500 just ten years ago!
With many people being unemployed or under employed these days, I can't imagine the seller getting these crazy prices.

Back