Ozzy Osbourne retires from touring

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozzy.jpg

Some things in life you are better off not seeing. This is one of them.
Hey, he’s standing upright and walking, and on this side of the dirt. And he’s wearing his signature color scheme. Face it, we all get old if we're even lucky enough to make it that far in this life. Unfortunately, too many of our favorite musicians have never lived to be Ozzy's age (the list is too large to type out, and that's not even counting the "27 club"). Ozzy is very fortunate that he has a devoted wife behind him and no apparent financial issues to further limit his health care options. To quote Ian Anderson, "nothing is easy." To quote my late mother, "whoever said that these were to golden years was lying."

This concludes my downer post of 2023. Time to move on and look forward to the good stuff.

Hey, he’s standing upright and walking, and on this side of the dirt. And he’s wearing his signature color scheme. Face it, we all get old if we're even lucky enough to make it that far in this life. Unfortunately, too many of our favorite musicians have never lived to be Ozzy's age (the list is too large to type out, and that's not even counting the "27 club"). Ozzy is very fortunate that he has a devoted wife behind him and no apparent financial issues to further limit his health care options. To quote Ian Anderson, "nothing is easy." To quote my late mother, "whoever said that these were to golden years was lying."

This concludes my downer post of 2023. Time to move on and look forward to the good stuff.
Yep, Mr.E., The GOLDEN YEARS are indeed tarnished silver unless you are in perfect health [LOL]. And Ozzy has lived multiple lives, been places we can only dream of and now it's time for 'The Prince of Darkness' to enjoy what time he does have left!

Yep, Mr.E., The GOLDEN YEARS are indeed tarnished silver unless you are in perfect health [LOL]. And Ozzy has lived multiple lives, been places we can only dream of and now it's time for 'The Prince of Darkness' to enjoy what time he does have left!
I also wonder if all of Ozzy's "knees to waist" jumps through his career messed up his back and hips and knees?

I also wonder if all of Ozzy's "knees to waist" jumps through his career messed up his back and hips and knees?
Most Probably, Gene. I know Prince's addiction to pain killers was tied to his not only wearing those high heel boots on stage to make him appear taller but the man WAS in pain most of his performing career and he was much younger than Ozzy!

Last edited:
Ozzie is retiring from touring but he and the band will play any significant festivals...that is what I have heard. When I remember seeing Black Sabbath in July 1971, I feel like Ozzie looks in that picture with the cane!
I have to remind myself that most of my favorite rockers are just a few years older than me,he looked alot different when I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl.

Back