P!nk: A MC 1st?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eggplant

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
More than a year after its release, P!nk's 4th album, "I'm Not Dead" is still on the charts. Right now, "U + Ur Hand" is #16 on the Billboard Hot 100. "Who Knew", was in heavy rotation recently on MTV's HD and was performed live on last night's "American Idol."

Is this the first time -- since the quad era -- that a single from a multi-channel album has ever been on the charts while in release? There may have been others, but I can't think of any. Most new MC pop/rock titles are either from older artists no longer charting or issued long after the stereo release.

Go girl!

P.S. If anyone has access to the Hot 100 "bottom half", please let me know how "Who Knew" is faring.

Last edited:
Weird Al's "Straight Outta Lynwood" is a Dual Disc only release I believe. Peaked at #10 on the Billboard 100 In October, the song Canadian Idiot got to #82 on the Hot 100, "white & Nedry got to #9 on the Hot 100.

I guess not exatly a multi channel only release you still had to get the surround sound version with the stereo tracks so I think it counts:)

I'm Not Dead is the album that started me collecting DVD-Audio and SACD. I'd never heard of DualDisc until I stumbled across the Pink DualDisc in the shop.

(I had heard about DVD-A and SACD, because they were just round the corner when I bought my DVD player, but I hadn't checked out the scene since, and I was rather surprised to see that they'd come and almost gone since then. :eek: )

I think it's still probably my favourite M/C disc - everything else has been downhill since. :eek: Although I haven't actually listened to any of my SACDs in M/C, not having chosen a player yet. :D

I don't. I typed in the artist name and it gave me the stats. "Who Knew" peaked at number 95 but doesn't say when it peaked or what the current position is.

Back