Panasonic Series 44 Pandemic Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. In 2020, I purchased the SL-507 turntable as a curiosity as I never seen a CD-4 turntable before. It came with instructions and it needed a new stylus. I noticed immediately it needed the receiver that came with it as its rca plugs were different. So, I purchased the receiver and styli required. It became a pandemic project but I could not achieve the CD-4 effect then. I was concerned about the stylus as I was playing stereo records, so I purchased two more styli as I grew to love this set. I had no speakers and only used a pair of GE 4-channel headphones to enjoy the system.

Flash forward to October 2022, I was curious about one of the styli had unopened. I took one out and installed it. Imagine my shock and happiness while using a Panasonic test record. True separation via the gauge cartridge with just ONE swap. In closing, my pandemic project was completed and I’m able to enjoy my small collection of Quadradiscs at last. Thanks to all of you whose advice and tips I’ve read here.
5A82D9D8-D40B-4C9C-85E6-CE0DC554497B.jpeg

The one i was using when I initially replaced the original was marked stereo. This turntable and system has a strain gauge cartridge.
OK, so you never got one that was marked for 4 channel and didn't work? All the 4 channel replacements worked fine, only stereo didn't work (as expected)?

Back