Paranoid: 4 (or 5) disc (plus book) reissue by Rhino/Warner is coming 16/11/11

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I love surround sound as much as the next guy but we represent a fraction of a percent of the people who would buy something like this. If WB did include a BluRay with the quad mix, the majority of the people who would/will buy this would chafe at the inflated price the same way we have at box sets that have included things we consider unneccessary like vinyl. This is a CD box set and as such has CD's in it - most people won't even buy the physical release, they'll just download it from iTunes or stream it on Spotify.

Sometimes you just have to accept things for what they are, rather than getting furious because they aren't what you wish they were. At least the inclusion of a fold-down of the quad mix confirms that they a) still have it b) know where it is, and c) it's in usable condition. Who's to say it won't see some kind of standalone release multichannel further down the line? Record companies LOVE double dips like that.

Well I'm glad you're taking it so well Dave.. ;)

..of course Quaddies who are still in their 30's have the luxury of time on their side to hang around for these record labels to double/triple/quadruple (ha!) dip this codswallop hoodwink game on us.

PS. To me, this release actually represents something of a backward step in a way, in that 7 years ago we got the Quad on a DVD (as awful as it was, it was multichannel) and yet now we're getting the Quad in Stereo on a CD.. call that progress?

I call it bull crap.

Last edited:
But, at least we get a book....which is said to contain new interviews with members....UGH. Just what we need. A rehash of what we have been hearing for the last 25 years. We are not lacking on member interviews...there is really nothing new to say. Again, as a hardcore Sabbath fan, this is sad.

But, at least we get a book....which is said to contain new interviews with members....UGH. Just what we need. A rehash of what we have been hearing for the last 25 years. We are not lacking on member interviews...there is really nothing new to say. Again, as a hardcore Sabbath fan, this is sad.

Oh I love that they blew the budget on a book that next to no-one will ever read.. but then next to no-one would have ever listened to or bought it for the Quad, so we're quits.

Press Release for immediate dissemination:

Roll over..

Play dead..

Accept the crumbs we drop..

and sod off back to the rock you crawled out from under, you hugely misunderstood, unappreciated (unwashed in our humble opinion) surround loving total weirdo's..

Just read the book and imagine the Stereo in Surround, ok?

Yours arse-cripplingly,
Weiner Brothers Inc.
(Double dips and disappointments a speciality)

Well I'm glad you're taking it so well Dave.. ;)

..of course Quaddies who are still in their 30's have the luxury of time on their side to hang around for these record labels to double/triple/quadruple (ha!) dip this codswallop hoodwink game on us.

PS. To me, this release actually represents something of a backward step in a way, in that 7 years ago we got the Quad on a DVD (as awful as it was, it was multichannel) and yet now we're getting the Quad in Stereo on a CD.. call that progress?

I call it bull crap.

Are you saying that because I wasn't there when it came out that I couldn't possibly comment? How very dare you, sir. :D

Warner's chosen what they want to do, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Especially when access to a digital version of the quad reel is only a Google search away for me and anyone else enterprising enough to want to do the same thing.

Are you saying that because I wasn't there when it came out that I couldn't possibly comment? How very dare you, sir. :D

Warner's chosen what they want to do, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Especially when access to a digital version of the quad reel is only a Google search away for me and anyone else enterprising enough to want to do the same thing.

Haha.. Yes you cheeky young rapscallion! :D (I can call you that now I'm in my fifth decade!) "You're too young, baby you're too young"
(thank God they never did Elton's Ice On Fire album in Surround, compelled to buy it but woulda never played it.. not even for Nikita.. ok, maybe for that.. "Nikita you'll never know.."!)

Anyway, stop cheering me up you devil..! Grumble grumble grumble grumble..! (etc)

"Finished with Warners,
Cos they couldn't help me with my Quad
People think I'm insane because I am frowning like a sod..

All day long I think of Quads
but labels never satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find some Quads to pacify..

Can you help me?
Fill my shelves with Quad?

Woah yeah!"

etc.

(C) Geezer Blue
Blue Sabbath

Quad folded down to stereo :mad: :flame :nuke why did they stop there, they should have continued folding down to mono, then put through an mp3 mangler for good measure........

Hey, at least Apple know what they're doing:

The new IPhone 7 has now got STEREO speakers (upgrade from mono on all previous models). :mad:@:

Hey, at least Apple know what they're doing:

The new IPhone 7 has now got STEREO speakers (upgrade from mono on all previous models). :mad:@:

Haha.. they probably figured their phones weren't big enough to "justify" Stereo.. but now all that screen real estate brings the sheer relative size of the handset to something enabling little diddy speakers far apart enough or something..!?

I'm surprised they didn't forego all that altogether and just make the entire face of the unit an NXT equipped flat panel speaker or something similarly sleek :eek:

And after they've finally beaten us surroundphiles to a pulp, here is what they'll be giving us next:

21317865-a-vintage-small-portable-AM-transistor-radio-Stock-Photo-radio.jpg

They could easily have included a DVD with both quad/stereo/high res & even a bloody fold down mix

I could say, "Yep, I don't need this" and move on, but before I do that, it really does suck that we have had no good presentations of the "Paranoid" Quadraphonic mix since the dawn of the DVD/SACD/Blu-Ray era, and this release only pushes that hope and dream further away from us.

Ok, NOW I'll say it.
"Yep, I don't need this. Moving on!"

;)

Maybe they're saving it for a Quadio bluray? ? ? ? ?

It would be interesting to hear from 'ForagingRhino'. So far I don't think he's read this thread, if he in fact checks in from time to time.

Maybe they're saving it for a Quadio bluray? ? ? ? ?

It would be interesting to hear from 'ForagingRhino'. So far I don't think he's read this thread, if he in fact checks in from time to time.

Thanks Jon - I would really LOVE to hear the rhino man's comments on this. Seriously I would. :)

Back