DVD/DTS Poll Parsons, Alan - A VALID PATH [DTS/DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc of Alan Parsons - A VALID PATH

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Content, Poor Fidelity

• Total voters
Love the all speaker mix. Cranked it up and noticed my floor speaker surrounds were rattling (I run them full range for the rare occasion they may be fed some bass and I don't want to miss it)
Actually had to cross over the surrounds on this one!

I haven’t listened to this disk in a long time. My memory of it being good, was insufficient. The surround mix is excellent. far more aggressive, adventurous, entertaining and well conceived than I remembered. The DTS sounded great to me. i correctly remembered liking all of the sponges, particularly A recurring dream within a dream and Return to Tugunska. What I’d didn’t remember was disliking the sequencing and digital drums on several tracks. y Completing uninformed guess is PJ”s Nuendo programming.

After track three I was down to a six on this but the rest of the disc pulled it up to a solid 8. The bonus surround video for The Time Machine locked that in.

I just got a copy of this courtesy of a great fellow forum dweller, an easy 10 for me, as the album was specifically made for surround it seems to make a difference rather than being remixed. The extras are brilliant also, surprised the “Time machine” easter egg video is in 5.1 as the album wasn’t!

Back