HiRez Poll Parsons Thibaud - TRANSCONTINENTAL VOICES [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Parsons Thibaud - TRANSCONTINENTAL VOICES

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
I've been playing this disc a lot, both in the car and at home, and it's a total winner. Very discrete and the music is excellent. This album contains 7 acoustic tracks and 5 electric tracks. The style of music is probably considered "Folk Rock" to some, a little country maybe, and a bit pop-rock. It's very harmony intensive, both from the singers voices and their guitars. Each of the singers in heard from their own front speakers, and their guitars are heard in the backs. It gives the listener a very clear and concise soundstage. The songs are excellent, all penned by the artists, and you will find yourself going back to them over and over. (At least I did)

Dietrich and his crew are doing a fine job with their "quadraphonic" series of DVD-A releases, and this one has the potential to be their most popular title, world wide. These artists are from the US, and the vocals are all in English, so just because the disc is from Germany don't think their vocals are in German.

Each artist has their own website, and they also have a joint website. The CD version of this album, which was released in 2011, is available at many places in the US, but the DVD-A is only available directly from QuadroSurround. If you like CSN/S&G "like" harmonies and guitar driven folk/rock, I believe you will really like this album. Support Dietrich and check this disc out. You will be glad you did.

The soundstage with the vocals in the front and guitars in the rears is quite interesting (especially for a live concert). I think it works really well.

I'm enjoying this...

I finally got this and am really enjoying it.
There is much to like about this release and way it was mixed and recorded. I think Dietrich and gang should be very proud of what they have done here as I know this cliche gets over used about the artist's music is so clear as if they are right in the room with you but this recording is exactly like that, so much so that I think depending on how close the miking was done on some vocals they come through a bit louder on some songs but its easy to change volume for that.
You can really up the volume on this release and not suffer any ear fatigue, I am finding I am putting volume even louder than Pink Floyd surrounds which are some of the cleanest recordings I have heard in surround.
Parsons and Thibaud have very pleasant voices to listen to and I like the way each has there own spot front left and front right and guitars in the rear, very enveloping sound and thats what surround music should do.
So if you want some good country/folk rock in surround you can't go wrong with this release.
I am giving this a 9.

p.s.

Hope more people from here order this as I don't think you will be disappointed, again if you like this kind of music, I was skeptical myself about a band I hadn't heard of and whether this would be a professional first rate production and all fears have been put aside. Job well done.

Very pleasant disc, kind of a nice way to cleanse the listening palate after something loud and complicated. Great acoustic interplay, band can crunch when it wants to and the material is above average. Solid bass work with a few upper register solos in the right place, vocals sung with conviction.

Working stiffs play their hearts out in front of an appreciative crowd and we get a nice surround disc from the experience.

Looks like all the positives have already been covered before.
Just to be sure, there are no negatives either!!
Beautiful is an apt description.
A real shame that Dietrich is no longer able to continue with his fine work.
Perhaps he can join forces with another surround devotee one day.

It's a smashing 9

If you can, please get an order in asap. You won't regret it.:cool:

Back