Pat Metheny Group "This Way Up Live" 10/2 in BluRay, HD and std DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Eagle Vision is introducing a simultaneous release in HD DVD, Blu Ray and DVD of the Pat Metheny Group's "This Way Up Live" on Oct. 2. See the press release;
http://www.dtsentertainment.com/company/press/press-article.php?ID=799600342&yID=2006&cID=

This release will feature DTS HD Master Audio Sound. I can't say much about that nor HD or Blu Ray. What I can say is that I saw Pat Metheny perform This Way Up in it's entirety last October in a beautifully renovated art deco theater in Torrington, Ct - the Warner Theater. It is one of the top live shows I have seen in recent years. Not only did he play this 50 minute plus opus in it's entirety without a break, but he opened the show with it - mind boggling. This is complex, heady stuff - to call it simply jazz would be misleading. It has elements of jazz, rock, prog, world music all rolled up into a sound which Metheny can truly call his own. Accompanied by longtime co-composer and keyboardist Lyle Mays and a group of world class musicians, This Way Up although released only in stereo on CD is still a must have for anyone with even a mild interest in progressive music whether it be jazz, rock or classical.

In addition to the excellent DVD A - "Imaginary Day", I also own the DVD - V "Speaking of Now Live" - also on EagleVision -with a DD 4.1 mix as well as DTS surround. Not as discrete a mix as some - certainly not in the league of PT but a definite must own if you are a fan of this music. I would expect the new title to be very well recorded.

I have the imaginary day DVD-A and DVD-V, and like them both. This sounds great, thanks for the heads up Elmer!

Great, I've been looking forward to this since the tour.

btw, it's "The Way Up." (Not "This.")

RichC

btw, it's "The Way Up." (Not "This.")

I had it right the first time and then changed it after reading the DTS press release - I even own it :mad:@:

"DTS-HD Master Audio Featured on First Simultaneous Release of Content on HD DVD, Blu-ray Disc and DVD

Eagle Vision, a Division of Eagle Rock Entertainment in London Chooses DTS Audio for Five Live Concert Titles, Including the Pat Metheny Group Concert This Way Up"

- no matter - you are correct - thanks for the catch. :eek:

I have part of this in FLAC for my car and I think it sounds pretty awesome. Great hall feel and there is a little in the rears.

Back