Paul McCartney Archive Collection: "Red Rose Speedway" and "Wild Life"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh...this whole thread is super disappointing. Glad I didn't waste my money...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just one man's opinion Gos...you know how that goes...remember when you and I both thought Hemispheres was pretty bad and said so early on...but it ended up with some LOVE...well for the stereo version mostly..but some still liked it...just saying:p

Metallic_shield_bug444.jpg

A DAY IN THE LIFE

Oooooh GOS, Snood love the lil dew drop on your back :QQlove very hip & koo:cool:

Just one man's opinion Gos...you know how that goes...remember when you and I both thought Hemispheres was pretty bad and said so early on...but it ended up with some LOVE...well for the stereo version mostly..but some still liked it...just saying:p

The same goes for In Search of The Lost Chord....hated the 5.1 remix but loved the Stereo version ..... but I didn't buy it for the Stereo version .... and it wasn't cheap.

The contents includes 6 discs...which is a little misleading...3CDs and 2DVDs and a "token" blu ray....I use that word because despite the massive storage capability...the only thing that is on the blu ray is the McMouse show...same with the DVD...so you have a DVD and a Blu Ray disc...both with the same content...which didn't come close to capacity for either disc....to be candid the blu ray was not even needed....the "so called" advantage was supposed to be the sound quality...but considering the source material... it was like putting lipstick on a pig...it's still a pig...nobody is going to mistake this for the 2007 3DVD The McCartney Years set...which can still be purchased at a fraction of the cost of this set...

As Jon mentioned the absence of a quad...the easiest material to include on this blu ray was sitting right in front of them...instead of a redemption card for hi rez versions of the songs in this set....they could have put them on the blu ray...but they opted not to go that route....As much as I think this was a flop...there are those fans that will love this set and cherish the video portions...even despite the poor video quality....I hope someone on here lets us know about the hi rez versions of the music on this set...that could turn things around considerably for people like me...

I completely disagree with you that the Blu-Ray is unnecessary.
The video and audio quality of "The Bruce McMouse Show" is very good, some of the highest quality performance footage of Paul and Wings performing (along with "Rock Show")
I do agree though that they could have at least put all of the high-res audio from the download card on the Blu-Ray for people who would prefer not to deal with the downloads

I just opened Red Rose box set. Amazon packaged very well and the box set itself has extra support at the corners. I looked at all the books and pictures, really good. I think the metallic box cover is cool.
I was nervous about the download card but went flawless. 5 downloads make the 3 cd's in WAV 24/96.
I downloaded from site, into my downloads, I went into my NAS and created 5 matching folders, Red Rose Speedway 1 of 5, etc, I opened the zip files in my downloads showing the individual tracks, highlighted them and copied over to the matching folder in the NAS under Paul McCartney.
Opened my JRiver, auto import and all 5 files came up in JRiver as 3 discs matching the CD list on box set. Tagging, tracks, artwork, perfect. Just had to add Genre and date.
Playing and listening now, sounds fantastic and I also like the music. While I was downloading I was listening to the Billie Holiday, All Of Me stereo release in DSD single rate and Red Roses, WAV 24/96 was equal to the DSD in sonic quality.
I have the big box Wings Over America, so I just said Fuck It and the collector in me just bought Wild Life. OK an extra $33.00, I just won't buy some random Prog Rock title this year.

So....unless I've missed it, I don't think anyone has commented about the 5.1 mix on the blu-ray. Can anyone offer a review?

I ordered when everyone else did but Amazon has yet to ship mine. :mad: They're promising delivery by the 16th..... Fingers crossed.

Me thought Rtbluray put up a lil review :unsure: a couple pages ago

post 102 :hi

Last edited:
Brand new from Amazon. Jumped on it when the price dropped last week.

I have had no problem, super simple with Red Rose and Wild Life. I never did the down load of Wings Over America, looks like I lost the card and my Ram card was just impossible, so I just ripped the CD's and moved on.
It seems to me that the previous downloads before Red and Wild where generic to the site meaning you have to open the download not specifically to the album, whereas Red and Wild are download specific.
Red has 5 downloads that make up three discs, Wild is 3 for 3.
None of what I say helps you I am sure, my browser is Firefox. When I failed with Wings and Ram I tried using Explorer, I should have tried Google Chrome, but I didn't cuz I got frustrated.

Back