• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Pearl Jam “Gigaton” in Dolby Atmos

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Strilo

500 Club - QQ All-Star

Apparently the upcoming Pearl Jam Studio album “Gigaton” was mixed and presented in Atmos! Could it be that we will see Pearl Jam’s first ever surround album??

EricKalet

QQ Supporter
That was my fear, but did you see that confirmed somewhere?
Sadly, more of making an inference based on what I've read:
The stories published announcing the release make no indication of a physical version being made available...The PJ twitter points people towards Amazon Music for the single...

@PearlJam

"Listen to "Dance of the Clairvoyants" now streaming in Ultra HD on
@AmazonMusic HD and Dolby Atmos on Echo Studio"

and on the PJ shop, nowhere to indicate that we can pre-order a Dolby Atmos version: Pearl Jam - Featured Items - Shop

stormchaser

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Sadly, more of making an inference based on what I've read:
The stories published announcing the release make no indication of a physical version being made available...The PJ twitter points people towards Amazon Music for the single...

@PearlJam

"Listen to "Dance of the Clairvoyants" now streaming in Ultra HD on
@AmazonMusic HD and Dolby Atmos on Echo Studio"

and on the PJ shop, nowhere to indicate that we can pre-order a Dolby Atmos version: Pearl Jam - Featured Items - Shop
Sadly, I think you are correct based on that.

Strilo

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Um the single is available on all streaming platforms and is on the band's website for sale on vinyl...

haikubass

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Not that confirmed, yet very promising news - Gigaton hits cinemas on March 25 in Atmos (via pearljamonline.it):
The premiere of Gigaton, which will last 85 minutes and will be distributed in Dolby Atmos (click here to learn more about this innovative audio system), should arrive in cinemas – for one night only – on Wednesday 25 March 2020. Before listening, it could be a video presentation of the Pearl Jam album.

LennonCobain

300 Club - QQ All-Star
AMC in the US had this on its website and pulled it. One night only March 25th. It should reappear after official announcement by the band.
215FC7A9-D8E8-426C-9DB7-ABA45A7AE3B6.jpeg

LennonCobain

300 Club - QQ All-Star

Look at the actual URL to see that this is the page for Pearl Jam.

salsdali

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
If it's one night only they can't be making that much money on it so all the cost and effort to mix into atmos had to be for another reason, either amazon echo streaming AND / OR a physical disc release

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
All set, got my tickets. In the last year I saw the special one night only Soundgarden and INXS, both where a bust, but I'll keep on trying, popcorn:p