Pearl Jam “Gigaton” in Dolby Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No word on a physical release yet? Gigaton gets released this friday.

99% positive there won't be an Atmos or multichannel release of this. Nothing on Pearl Jam's shop and website only states that Gigaton Atmos special theatrical event will be rescheduled for a future date. Perhaps after the theatrical one night event, they will eventually release it on physical blu ray with the Atmos...??

With theatres in the U.S. closing for weeks, this Atmos mix may never be heard by many unless a physical release comes down the road. I doubt the Atmos screenings will be rescheduled.
"We are working closely with all of our exhibitors around the world to quickly re-schedule these events as soon as possible." One Night Only

It's a little surprising they didn't do a Netflix release like Sturgill Simpson or Thom Yorke, especially when it became clear the theaters would all be closed. It's has visuals and Netflix can stream 5.1.
I don't understand why Netflix or Prime hasn't started licensing albums like DSOTM or Abbey Road or whatever just for 5.1 audio streaming. Obviously the audience would be tiny for them but they have all sorts of stuff with a tiny audience.

It's a little surprising they didn't do a Netflix release like Sturgill Simpson or Thom Yorke, especially when it became clear the theaters would all be closed. It's has visuals and Netflix can stream 5.1.
I don't understand why Netflix or Prime hasn't started licensing albums like DSOTM or Abbey Road or whatever just for 5.1 audio streaming. Obviously the audience would be tiny for them but they have all sorts of stuff with a tiny audience.

And Netflix can also stream in dolby atmos, if you have the top suscription.

I can’t remember the last time Pearl Jam put out a release with catchy tunes... it’s been awhile.
Disappointed no physical release of the 5.1. I would have purchased it.

The plan may be to release a surround mix as a deluxe package (many others do this after the official release or bundle the surround mix into a very expensive bundle). This effectively makes the surround community buy it twice or buy in at a very high price point. :confused: At least Steven Wilson releases a dedicated Bluray at the same time as the CD. But not many artists have that level of integrity (sorry Opeth).

1587507189682.png

What could this mean?

Theres a fat chance of that. Many of the AppleTV original shows are in Atmos.

Don't you mean GOOD/GREAT chance? :) "fat chance" would mean basically limited or no chance. :)

Now it also depends on if it will be Apple TV or Apple TV +

If Apple TV + then many might get shut out if they aren't subscribers...

Don't you mean GOOD/GREAT chance? :) "fat chance" would mean basically limited or no chance. :)

Now it also depends on if it will be Apple TV or Apple TV +

If Apple TV + then many might get shut out if they aren't subscribers...

Sorry, you are right, great chance, I meant.
I think it's Apple TV +

Back