Pearl Jam “Gigaton” in Dolby Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some articles online say that after the free 7 days you can buy or rent the visual experience from apple music. I'm trying to find it.
Isn't the 7 day period over by now?

yup, it's available to purchase or rent, in fact it's not much, 129 MXN purchase (around 5 bucks) , $49 MXN rent (around 2 bucks).
I would buy it if there was a way to rip it in Dolby Atmos, or if someone would show me the way.

yup, it's available to purchase or rent, in fact it's not much, 129 MXN purchase (around 5 bucks) , $49 MXN rent (around 2 bucks).
I would buy it if there was a way to rip it in Dolby Atmos, or if someone would show me the way.
How did you find it? On Apple Music I see two listings for Gigaton (one clean, one explicit), but they make no mention of Atmos. I'm concerned they're just stereo.

Yep, that’s how I found it - on Apple TV+

D370E709-F1A9-4865-A41D-BC8CA9B1843E.jpeg

It’s a fairly decent album/mix. I listened to it around 3 times in the end. I think they could have done a little bit better though on the Atmos. This is no Kraftwerk or Abbey Road. On a few tracks it’s fairly lively, but on some others it’s just sort of reverb... If I were to rate this in the polls, it’s somewhere around an 8. I liked the visuals and the fact I could trial it was pretty cool... 😎

Yep, that’s how I found it - on Apple TV+

View attachment 51118

It’s a fairly decent album/mix. I listened to it around 3 times in the end. I think they could have done a little bit better though on the Atmos. This is no Kraftwerk or Abbey Road. On a few tracks it’s fairly lively, but on some others it’s just sort of reverb... If I were to rate this in the polls, it’s somewhere around an 8. I liked the visuals and the fact I could trial it was pretty cool... 😎
Is there any way to play it, other than through apple tv +, at this time? I have a buddy who will loan me an older apple tv. Don't know if it will work with my older LG 1080 tv though. Or how it works with my AVR?! o_O

Is there any way to play it, other than through apple tv +, at this time? I have a buddy who will loan me an older apple tv. Don't know if it will work with my older LG 1080 tv though. Or how it works with my AVR?! o_O

I think Apple TV is on some of the newer Samsung and LG tellys and I’d guess it works through HDMI eArc or Atmos passthough? But yeah otherwise it’s gotta be the Apple TV 4K. Rumours are around that there’s going to be a new Apple TV launched soon... So there might be some discounts around on the current model?

I watched it for free during the first week and then paid the $12 or whatever to buy it. I like supporting the band with my hard earned money. And now I can watch it in Atmos any time I want! Will I buy it on Blu Ray when/if they release it? Definitely.

And just to be clear, if it’s a file I can purchase please point me in the right direction. As I think goes without saying for most of us here, we are happy to pay a reasonable amount for surround on disc (or downloadable surround like the FLACs of Tubular Bells 2009 5.1)

I balk at $100+ for sets I only want a single disc of but I am all for paying money for reasonably priced
And just to be clear, if it’s a file I can purchase please point me in the right direction. As I think goes without saying for most of us here, we are happy to pay a reasonable amount for surround on disc (or downloadable surround like the FLACs of Tubular Bells 2009 5.1)
Where can I find the downloadable surround of Tubular Bells in 5.1?

Download the Apple TV app for your tv. If you download itunes on your pc you will easily find it......clearly states Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos - 12.99 though - I watched and listened day 1 (5.1 though) and after the week trial got lost with the world BS and totally forgot about til now - ordering right after lol :rocks

Download the Apple TV app for your tv. If you download itunes on your pc you will easily find it......clearly states Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos - 12.99 though - I watched and listened day 1 (5.1 though) and after the week trial got lost with the world BS and totally forgot about til now - ordering right after lol :rocks
Thanks Snood, I will try later today with iTunes in my Windows laptop. As you suggested, I can see the Atmos movie for rental or purchase, but need to create an Apple account.
What happens if you purchase it? Can you open it with any other software or are you forced to always use iTunes?

Wellllllll it does give you the option to download :SB on itunes on PC or Mac...........it says the size would be 1.99 GB as a 720 HD, but normal playback on AppleTV is 1080 HD with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos - but the download is m4v file :unsure: It downloaded to my Music folder itunes folder.........will not play on VLC or foobar (right now - maybe plug in?) Snood dunno maybe someone with more brains then Snood can figure it out. :LB Right now only plays on PC through Itunes Windows App. No audio visualizations options in itunes to see what format it is playing

Last edited:
You have to remove "drm" to play it on any source, but it's not legal ;)
After some struggle to get an Apple ID, I was able to purchase the file with iTunes. It's clearly advertised as Atmos, so hopefully I'll be able to play it from my laptop in the afternoon.
Anybody has tried yet to play Atmos files from ITunes on a Windows 10 laptop?

Back