Penteo Pro 16 Upmix/Downmix Plug-In

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All

I wasn't` sure if this was the right place to put this item but it`s her.

I use this program mostly for my LP restoration but it has multi channel capabilities as well and it has introduced, Acoustica v7.2 with Stem Separation Tools I thought this might be of interest to some people..

( Acoustica | Digital Audio Editor )

Very cool. It breaks out the voice, bass, percussion and "other", which is the same as RX-7, but it looks to be a lot more value as it's also an audio editor.

For $200 it looks like a great deal for someone looking to rip apart stuff to make 5.1 upmixes on their own.

If I already didn't have so many audio programs I would try it out. Heck, maybe I will at some point.

Hi. All

I use this program mostly for my LP restoration but it has multi channel capabilities as well and it has introduced, Acoustica v7.2 with Stem Separation Tools I thought this might be of interest to some people..

This looks great, once I'm out of the 4 day week and feeling more confident about the financial outlook I think I'll get this.

Hi. All

I presume this will do the same as the Penteo software?
And if so, I think I need to seriously look at getting this.

It is not an upmixing tool.
It tries to seperate instruments for further control in mixing.

Definately not an alternative to Penteo or Halo.

https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.musictech.net/reviews/plug-ins/acon-digital-acoustica-7-2/?amp

Hi. All
I hope this program may help some people in the future, I am no computer wiz by far so when I looked on YouTube there is heaps of tutorials by pros & average people how have worked out to use a feature of this program which gets you going virtual straightaway, with out you doing the hard work..
BBQ...

I’m using Izotope Ozone Standed Imager VST and Penteo 16 in Reaper. Imager expands the stereo width input to Penteo to increase surround field. Izotope Ozone Standard is on Black Friday special now.

I’m using Izotope Ozone Standed Imager VST and Penteo 16 in Reaper. Imager expands the stereo width input to Penteo to increase surround field. Izotope Ozone Standard is on Black Friday special now.

Do you need the multi-band imaging found in the Standard version or would the imager in the elements version work?

Penteo updated to 2.2.1:

Quad mixes fixed! (No need to remix channels post mix)

v2.2.1 Release Notes - February 2021

Enhancements

1. Eliminate Center Channel from Fader - Center Fader when taken all the way down, now completely eliminates the Center channel from a 5.1 mix leaving a 4.1 Quad mix.

2. New Auto-detection of Nuendo 11 Channel Order – With the inclusion of the Dolby Atmos renderer into Nuendo 11, whenever a user installs Penteo on a Nuendo machine, Penteo will auto detect and will automatically apply the correct Nuendo channel order. However, if the user is already using Pro Tools then the channel order must be manually set when using Nuendo for the first time. A dropdown list can be found in the settings panel by clicking the gear icon in the Penteo plugin. 3. New Expanded Input and Output Channel Order Dropdowns – A user can select the desired input or output channel order from an expanded dropdown list. The channel ordering is saved for each instance of the plug-in, but the default for new instances is global and based on the first DAW used with Penteo or if the user manually sets the default channel ordering. The dropdown list can be found in the settings panel by clicking the gear icon in the Penteo plugin. Fixes 1. Some off-phase content was causing a minor boost when upmixing to Atmos 7.1.2. 2. The Bypass function was not working properly in Mac Catalina.

3. When downmixing to formats with no LFE (Stereo, LCR, Quad), LFE Effect and Diverge modes are now disabled.

Fixes
1. Some off-phase content was causing a minor boost when upmixing to Atmos 7.1.2.
2. The Bypass function was not working properly in Mac Catalina.
3. When downmixing to formats with no LFE (Stereo, LCR, Quad), LFE Effect and Diverge modes are now disabled.

Updates
1. Adobe Audition certified for up/downmixing to 5.1/5.0 Surround
2. Supports Pro Tools 2020.12
3. Supports Apple OS 10.15 Catalina

I just discovered a bug in Penteo v2.2.1 and v2.2.0 where certain high frequencies get distorted and break up in the rears of quad or 5.1 upmixes. Its more noticable on some tracks than others. But its pretty awful when its at its worst.

The only oldest version I have is 2.1.1 (May 2020) and that is ok. Does anyone have the installer for versions between 2.1.1 and 2.2.1 I can test please? I am trying to determine when the 'bad' upmixes started, so I can go back a check/redo if required. I suspect I'll need to redo o_O

I have only tested 96/24 stereo sources. Maybe its a 96kHz thing?

I just discovered a bug in Penteo v2.2.1 and v2.2.0 where certain high frequencies get distorted and break up in the rears of quad or 5.1 upmixes. Its more noticable on some tracks than others. But its pretty awful when its at its worst.

The only oldest version I have is 2.1.1 (May 2020) and that is ok. Does anyone have the installer for versions between 2.1.1 and 2.2.1 I can test please? I am trying to determine when the 'bad' upmixes started, so I can go back a check/redo if required. I suspect I'll need to redo o_O

I have only tested 96/24 stereo sources. Maybe its a 96kHz thing?

Garry,

I uploaded a v202 to MEGA and PM'd you the link. It's the only one I have before v211.
Hope it helps

Back