WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in 2000 Pete released LIFEHOUSE (sort of) as a 6CD box set….it’s quite good and EXPENSIVE nowadays
This song from LIFEHOUSE was always one of my favorite Townsend songs that I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) ever was released on a Who record. I first heard it on the Scoop LP back in the early 80's. That this song wasn't included on Who's Next just shows how good that album is. In case you've never heard it: Mary - Pete Townshend - YouTube

This song from LIFEHOUSE was always one of my favorite Townsend songs that I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) ever was released on a Who record. I first heard it on the Scoop LP back in the early 80's. That this song wasn't included on Who's Next just shows how good that album is. In case you've never heard it: Mary - Pete Townshend - YouTube

I agree
I bought that first scoop album and played it to death even recorded it onto a cassette for my car.
I have since picked up scoop 2 and 3 on high resolution DAD discs too whatever they were but Scoop 1 remains my favorite. And agree about Mary.

The last time I saw them was on the Farewell Tour of '82 in Orlando. One of the warmup bands that afternoon was the B-52s, but one of their band members got hit with a [insert a phrase that meets with forum police approval], thrown from the crowd, which brought their set to a screeching halt. It was quite clear that the audience was there for maximum R&B: not new wave.

When The Who finally got to take the stage, in the late evening, John got to step up from behind his stand-mounted brandy bottles and do "Boris the Spider" and "My Wife," and the whole band, including Kenney Jones, was in rare form. The entire audience was one that night, especially when the band did their anthemic and thunderous rendition of "See Me, Feel Me" ... and the obligatory transition into "Listening to You" -- a song that has always floated on the Ox's bass -- did its magic by lifting everyone off of their asses. A beautiful scene that I was very proud to witness. :smokin

Snoooooooooooooooooood was there tooooooooooooooooooooooooo \o/ Remeber people throwing shoes and stuff at B52s which sucked cuz Snood was digging them - think they did the same to Joan. The Who was awesome - was right up front general admission for the show. Snood was a real young Hi Skoo Snood back then :LB

Snood was a real young Hi Skoo Snood back then :LB

I may be "a wee bit" older than Snood, but it was a great time to see The Ox and Co do what they were the masters of: live shows. I believe we were second in line at Tampa Stadium to get those tix, but we still got a seat in the rear of the T-Bowl. It was all good, though. They had massive monitors there and we could see all of the live "action," regardless. Man, that was a show for the effing books! :smokin

This is amazing, well, If the mix is done by SW or they don't change the spirit of the original album. Been wishing for this since Quad days.

I just hope that whoever approves the final version doesn't say something on the order of, "It sounds too clean compared to the original. Can you go back and dirty it up a bit?"

The only time I saw The Who was during their Quadraphenia Tour - Dec '73 at the Capitol Center, Landover, Md. Amazing show, including the back-up band... Lynyrd Skynyrd. No one was there for Skynyrd, but we all left wanting get their albums.
Now you're talking... The Capital Center. That was my "home" arena. I probably saw 50+ concerts there between 1977 and the time it finally closed. Good memories.
You have probably heard of the famous "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" documentary that was shot on the Cap Center's parking lot before a Judas Priest concert in 1986. Hilarious if you have never seen it.,,,

The Crapitol Center-lousy acoustics and mean staff-got tossed from a Neil Young show for someone elses bad behavior. Always fun when the ladies would crash the mens room as their facilities were quite limited. Oh yeah, those were the days. Saw the Who open their 82 tour there, quite a show complete with Pete's windmills and leaps. The Quad section was my favorite part of the show.

The Crapitol Center-lousy acoustics and mean staff-got tossed from a Neil Young show for someone elses bad behavior. Always fun when the ladies would crash the mens room as their facilities were quite limited. Oh yeah, those were the days. Saw the Who open their 82 tour there, quite a show complete with Pete's windmills and leaps. The Quad section was my favorite part of the show.
I was at that '82 Who show. The guy in front of me went ape-shit for the entire David Johansen set and then slept through the entire Who show...

Last edited:
The last time I saw them was on the Farewell Tour of '82 in Orlando. One of the warmup bands that afternoon was the B-52s, but one of their band members got hit with a [insert a phrase that meets with forum police approval], thrown from the crowd, which brought their set to a screeching halt. It was quite clear that the audience was there for maximum R&B: not new wave.

When The Who finally got to take the stage, in the late evening, John got to step up from behind his stand-mounted brandy bottles and do "Boris the Spider" and "My Wife," and the whole band, including Kenney Jones, was in rare form. The entire audience was one that night, especially when the band did their anthemic and thunderous rendition of "See Me, Feel Me" ... and the obligatory transition into "Listening to You" -- a song that has always floated on the Ox's bass -- did its magic by lifting everyone off of their asses. A beautiful scene that I was very proud to witness. :smokin
the whole throwing things at their opening act was probably a "must have"... I saw them in Philly in Aug 25 1982 and someone threw a beer can at Joe Strummer or Mick Jones, who , without missing a beat, DRANK the almost full can and threw the empty can back at the crowd..
Later we witnessed one of the very probable few times that The Ox THREW his Alembic bass in the air cause he was probably very pissed off at Pete who was an alcoholic at the time and was taking waaaaay too long to end a song...THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!

Last edited:
the whole throwing things at their opening act was probably a "must have"... I saw them in Philly in Aug 25 1982 and someone threw a beer can at Joe Strummer or Mick Jones, who , without missing a beat, DRANK the almost full can and threw the empty can back at the crowd..
Later we witnessed one of the very probable few times that The Ox THREW his Alembic bass in the air cause he was probably very pissed off at Pete who was an alcoholic at the time and was taking waaaaay too long to end a song...THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!

Wow, so that was the same tour I saw them on -- The '82 "Farewell" Tour :LOL: -- but seeing them with The Clash would've been even better. Man, that really sounds like a killer concert!

It seems like with the lack of pre-order announcements for items mentioned, such as Turn of A Friendly Card, GGs Interview, Holidays in Eden, Red Noise and others makes me think a lot will be released in November- I hope 😬

It seems like with the lack of pre-order announcements for items mentioned, such as Turn of A Friendly Card, GGs Interview, Holidays in Eden, Red Noise and others makes me think a lot will be released in November- I hope 😬
Yeah, just in time for the Christmas shipping logistics nightmare like last year. :rolleyes:

Back