WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm heading towards 67 this year. I saw them as "The High Numbers" before they became the Who at my school in Orpington, Kent in the very early 60's. My ears still receiving Atmos sounds, thank Gawd.

Wow...that is just amazing. Any particular memories that still stand out (other than the ringing ears)?

I must have been about 7 or 8. Girls were down one side of the assembly hall, boys opposite. Strange it was during the day in term time. Can't recall the music as I didnt buy my first record (George Harrison - My Sweet Lord) much later. The first single my Mum bought me in 63 was the BBC theme tune to Dr Who (still have it).

Took this from SHTV, apparently this photo comes from Jon Astley's Facebook page. He's a master engineer in London.
The photo also had the following caption with it:
Who’s Next playback from Steven Wilson’s amazing Dolby Atmos mixes. 9.1.4 room
WN-5-1.jpg

So there we go. Steven Wilson has remixed "Who's Next." What could possibly be better than this?!

:)

Completely awesome news!!
And how about possibly a future remix into 7.1.4 of Quadrophenia by Mr Wilson?? 🧐😜

If “Quadrophenia” is remixed in Dolby Atmos, then it will probably be just for streaming. I don’t know how interested Pete would be in putting out another “Quadrophenia” box set after the “Director’s Cut” edition (as it was called) came out in 2011.

Took this from SHTV, apparently this photo comes from Jon Astley's Facebook page. He's a master engineer in London.
The photo also had the following caption with it:

WN-5-1.jpg

So there we go. Steven Wilson has remixed "Who's Next." What could possibly be better than this?!

:)

this will be awesome, but you asked what could possibly be better ? Lets have Mr Wilson do Led Zep II...that would be about on the same level as Who's Next imho.....not 'better' but on the same plane

If “Quadrophenia” is remixed in Dolby Atmos, then it will probably be just for streaming. I don’t know how interested Pete would be in putting out another “Quadrophenia” box set after the “Director’s Cut” edition (as it was called) came out in 2011.
Agreed…. But as much as physical media would be preferable, I’d still take it as streaming if that was the only way!!

I never understood why Kevin Shirley wasn’t asked to have a go at mixing for 5.1….

I would rather no surround mix than having Kevin Shirley do it. The reason being that we would be stuck with Kevin Shirley's limited dynamic mix for years before we'd get another one.

Anyway, I'm stoked about this news about SW and Who's Next! I am opposed to big prices on these box sets on principal. I know I'll give in on this one though, especially with all the other singles of that era.

I would rather no surround mix than having Kevin Shirley do it. The reason being that we would be stuck with Kevin Shirley's limited dynamic mix for years before we'd get another one.

Anyway, I'm stoked about this news about SW and Who's Next! I am opposed to big prices on these box sets on principal. I know I'll give in on this one though, especially with all the other singles of that era.
I only mentioned him as Mr Page seemed to favour him. Anyway…. ANY surround remixer would be great *Paging Mr Wilson*

Back