WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I recall the missing Who multitracks as well. I wonder if they turned up or if Wilson did upmixes.

Neither.
Apparently they had multitracks available without final overdubs on them, so Pete apparently replaced the missing parts by re-recording them himself.
Go back a few pages in this thread and there’s a post about Pete redoing synth parts for The Song Is Over.

Any idea how much material there’ll be for the Lifehouse aspect of it. My memory of the Lifehouse stuff is fuzzy; wasn’t WHO’s NEXT some of the finished parts of Lifehouse?

Likely not much that hasn't already been released.

Some things, like Mary, likely were never recorded by the band.

Do we know for sure that the Atmos mix will be released on Blu-Ray?

It’s not confirmed what will or will not be in the box set, but I feel very confident that this will not simply be a streaming release. I would bet on a Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos & 5.1 mixes, plus maybe some additional material too.

:)

Doesn't seem like missing tracks ever show up. Or do they? Would also love to have Wilson mix Aja, but here again, missing tracks.
Sometimes things do show up, like one or two Jethro Tull tracks (I think it was the early version of "One Brown Mouse" that was first only used as a rough mix when the multis later showed up on an unmarked reel, which is why the recording is on two different box sets). Alas, half of Too Old to Rock 'N' Roll never did, which makes the re-recorded version for the TV special such a great substitute.

/end offtopic

Took this from SHTV, apparently this photo comes from Jon Astley's Facebook page. He's a master engineer in London.
The photo also had the following caption with it:

WN-5-1.jpg

So there we go. Steven Wilson has remixed "Who's Next." What could possibly be better than this?!

:)
This suddenly became purchase at any price. Not that I wasn't going to buy it before.

Back