WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PETE TOWNSEND JUST CONFIRMED WHO’S NEXT IS BEING MIXED IN DOLBY ATMOS!!

I don't think the set will be in the reasonable $50 range, but my credit card is fully loaded and ready. It's great that they are trying to replicate the lost parts instead of just throwing their hands in the air and giving up.

Top of the Mop great news, let’s hope the arp’s in working order and doesn’t need some repairs to operate correctly -I’ll be in for this box of goodies (y)

GettyImages-155364445.jpg

Any info on who the remix engineer is? I'm in if the mix is decent...
Both Tommy and Quadrophenia surround mixes are credited to Bob Pridden and Richard Whittaker, so if I had to guess, it would be them here as well, probably working directly with Pete's involvement. I have no actual information but I can't imagine them going outside of their usual team unless there was some sort of falling out or they were otherwise unavailable. Whoever does it, I really do hope they don't bury the rhythm section. I feel the Quadrophenia mix especially lacked the thunder that Entwistle and Moon brought. I really think Won't Get Fooled Again, with it synths and heavy drum break, has the potential to sound glorious in surround if done right.

Whoever does it, I really do hope they don't bury the rhythm section. I feel the Quadrophenia mix especially lacked the thunder that Entwistle and Moon brought. I really think Won't Get Fooled Again, with it synths and heavy drum break, has the potential to sound glorious in surround if done right.
My sentiments exactly...

This tidbit about using a Lowrey organ for the opening of Baba is of extreme interest to me. Decades ago, I was messing around with this song on my Lowrey and found that I could duplicate that Baba intro to a degree beyond my wildest expectations. Now I know why!

"Townshend had the Lowrey organ and a synthesizer at hand, though it is the Lowrey alone heard on “Baba.” “So much of what people call ‘synthesizer’ in Who music is not,” Kehew states. “’Won’t Get Fooled Again’ is not really a synthesizer—it’s an organ, this Lowrey, being chopped up through a synthesizer, but it’s basically a stutter.”

Stutter? Surely he means the beginning of 'Baba O'Riley' then, not WGFA?

(oh, I see that's been noted)

Back