WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its a really fancy box it should rightly come with some items that have been peed on. Maybe scratch and sniff???....:eek: Now that would be memorabilia

Cover 1.jpg

If its a really fancy box it should rightly come with some items that have been peed on. Maybe scratch and sniff???....:eek: Now that would be memorabilia

View attachment 80385
…and packaged inside a mock concrete monolith, no less. Urine stains, no doubt, will cost you extra. Seriously though, I would be totally cool with the inclusion of all of The Lifehouse tracks remastered on accompanying CDs. Not that I’m wishing for it, but I would also be okay with the almost obligatory hard cover book, just so long as there is no vinyl and no gnomes, marbles, cards, stickers, etc.

…and packaged inside a mock concrete monolith, no less. Urine stains, no doubt, will cost you extra. Seriously though, I would be totally cool with the inclusion of all of The Lifehouse tracks remastered on accompanying CDs. Not that I’m wishing for it, but I would also be okay with the almost obligatory hard cover book, just so long as there is no vinyl and no gnomes, marbles, cards, stickers, etc.
We can only hope. Set your sights high. Wilson seems more than willing to mix an artists bonus material in surround. Witness the Tull releases. What about Surround Lifehouse tracks :SG

We can only hope. Set your sights high. Wilson seems more than willing to mix an artists bonus material in surround. Witness the Tull releases. What about Surround Lifehouse tracks :SG
(y) That’s actually what I was trying to get at earlier here. What are all the possible Lifehouse song names that we might get in surround?

It wouls be great if you can get Who's Next, but a version of Lifehouse as Pete intended. There is nearly 70 minutes of material that was not on Who's Next. Plus you have rhe recordings from New York with Leslie West, etc.

It wouls be great if you can get Who's Next, but a version of Lifehouse as Pete intended. There is nearly 70 minutes of material that was not on Who's Next. Plus you have rhe recordings from New York with Leslie West, etc.

Lifehouse was never finished, and there was nowhere near 70 minutes of material left off Who’s Next. Only a few songs:

Too Much of Anything
Time Is Passing
I Don’t Even Know Myself
Let’s See Action
Pure and Easy

Mary was part of Pete’s demos, but it wasn’t recorded by the band. When I Was A Boy was recorded during the sessions but obviously wasn’t a Lifehouse song.

Lifehouse was never finished, and there was nowhere near 70 minutes of material left off Who’s Next. Only a few songs:

Too Much of Anything
Time Is Passing
I Don’t Even Know Myself
Let’s See Action
Pure and Easy

Mary was part of Pete’s demos, but it wasn’t recorded by the band. When I Was A Boy was recorded during the sessions but obviously wasn’t a Lifehouse song.
Pure And Easy. I would love that one as a bonus 5.1 / Atmos track even if it’s the only one that makes it onto the set. A very complex and interesting song, is it not?

Too Much of Anything
Time Is Passing
I Don’t Even Know Myself
Let’s See Action
Pure and Easy

Well, it depends on how you look at it. If you count the non-album singles and singles recorded around the same time (I'm not referring to just the Who's Next sessions) you have this:

Heaven and Hell
The Seeker
Here For More
Don't Know Myself
Let's See Action
When I Was A Boy
Join Together
Baby Don't You Do It
Relay
Waspman
Water
Postcard
Now I'm A Farmer
Pure and Easy
Too Much of Anything
Naked Eye
Time is Passing

Add in the Record Plant Sessions and Single Edits and such, and you get well over 70 minutes. Yes, I realize some of those singles were released in 1970 and 1972, but where else are you going to put those? I seriously doubt they'll be making a Odds & Sods Remix.

Well, it depends on how you look at it. If you count the non-album singles and singles recorded around the same time (I'm not referring to just the Who's Next sessions) you have this:

Heaven and Hell
The Seeker
Here For More
Don't Know Myself
Let's See Action
When I Was A Boy
Join Together
Baby Don't You Do It
Relay
Waspman
Water
Postcard
Now I'm A Farmer
Pure and Easy
Too Much of Anything
Naked Eye
Time is Passing

Add in the Record Plant Sessions and Single Edits and such, and you get well over 70 minutes. Yes, I realize some of those singles were released in 1970 and 1972, but where else are you going to put those? I seriously doubt they'll be making a Odds & Sods Remix.

There will very likely be an expanded Odds & Sods.

And yes, all of that was from the 1970-72 timeframe, but only 5 of those 17 tracks were going to be part of Lifehouse. Most or all of that will likely be on the box, but I was just pointing out that the "Lifehouse leftovers" don't come close to 70 minutes.

And there's also stuff like the alternate guitar solo for Going Mobile.

There will very likely be an expanded Odds & Sods.

And yes, all of that was from the 1970-72 timeframe, but only 5 of those 17 tracks were going to be part of Lifehouse. Most or all of that will likely be on the box, but I was just pointing out that the "Lifehouse leftovers" don't come close to 70 minutes.

And there's also stuff like the alternate guitar solo for Going Mobile.

I agree with you about Lighthouse outtakes. I should have been more clear in my original post.

Thanks for this post because I never realized that I've always misspelled his surname. I never noticed the "h." Geez.

The "h" in Townshend's name would often disappear and then reappear in Entwistle's name!

08a160124de387d59818fdd51279783c--the-who.jpg

(And if you've never heard the above album, it's worth checking out. Peter Frampton plays lead guitar).

Back