WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just suddenly had this intense sense of horror. 😨 Are we sure that the box set will definitely include a blu-ray with 5.1 and Atmos mixes? Or will we get screwed again like Revolver with the Atmos hijacked by the streaming services? The horror.............The horror.

EIGHT BALL.jpg

Are we sure that the box set will definitely include a blu-ray with 5.1 and Atmos mixes?
SW spoke of a dedicated 5.1 mix when I interviewed him back in July. If it was intended to be streaming-only, why bring that up? I'm pretty confident that both this and the upcoming ABC reissue will include Blu-Ray.

SW spoke of a dedicated 5.1 mix when I interviewed him back in July. If it was intended to be streaming-only, why bring that up? I'm pretty confident that both this and the upcoming ABC reissue will include Blu-Ray.

True, but there was an interview with him a while back (I forget where) in which he stated that he had mixed many classic rock albums into surround during lockdown, but that a lot of them would not be available as physical product. I certainly hope that the Who's Next box has Steven's surround mix on a blu-ray, but after seeing the recent trend towards releasing big boxes but only putting surround mixes on streaming (Beatles' Revolver, George Michael's Older) I am not optimistic.

@PaulatSDE ..... perhaps you could look into this? If Universal doesn't intend to put Steven Wilson's surround mix of Who's Next into the forthcoming box set, maybe they would be willing to let it be a future entry in the SDE Surround Series?

I certainly hope that the Who's Next box has Steven's surround mix on a blu-ray, but after seeing the recent trend towards releasing big boxes but only putting surround mixes on streaming (Beatles' Revolver, George Michael's Older) I am not optimistic.
Anything's possible, but I think it's no accident that hasn't happened yet with one of Steven's surround mixes. In fact, I'd be willing to bet he had some hand in convincing the powers that be to include a Blu-Ray in the Kiss Destroyer box. The handful of streaming-exclusive titles he's done thus far (Def Leppard, Grateful Dead) had no corresponding physical deluxe edition.

Photo and text below are from that that other forum. Not entirely sure what it even means. Maybe someone with more industry knowledge can explain the significance.

This screen grab from Sound Exchange was posted two days ago on The Who’s Reddit (thanks to the user Je-est-un-autre). The "Remastered 2022"-version of Baba is the only track listed from the SDE. Could it be the first teaser/single?
baba-oriley-remastered-2022-v0-iga4xjsvdy4a1.jpg
Baba is usually 4:58-5:00 in length, whereas here it is listed as 5:08 (same as the 1995 remix fwiw).

Meanwhile, down in Whoville.....

Screenshot_20221212-081619_Gallery.jpg

I’m honestly not trying to be a killjoy, but an interview a few months back stated that they couldn’t get the tracks for Bargain, so that won’t be true multitrack. With that in mind however, I’m salivating a bit myself. 😛

I’m honestly not trying to be a killjoy, but an interview a few months back stated that they couldn’t get the tracks for Bargain, so that won’t be true multitrack. With that in mind however, I’m salivating a bit myself. 😛
No worries, as it’s inherently impossible for a Lovejoy to be a killjoy. 😉 Anyway, it’s still gonna be a bargain, the best you ever had!

Wilson just might be giving us a lifeboat with Lifehouse. If true, it might be the best surprise we’ve had since Electric Ladyland.
i am learning a lot today

i have been quite busy in life lately and haven't been able to follow here

So Wilson(or anyone) did a ATMOS/surround mix of Electric Ladyland?

Has it been released anywhere?

i am so darn chuffed

i am learning a lot today

i have been quite busy in life lately and haven't been able to follow here

So Wilson(or anyone) did a ATMOS/surround mix of Electric Ladyland?

Has it been released anywhere?

i am so darn chuffed
@LeperLord,

Don’t feel bad. Eddie Kramer mixed it for 5.1, it came out in 2018, and my brother bought me a copy, then fell ill over the next year and passed away just before the pandemic. It’s been a stressful couple of years, so I’ve been planning to finally listen to it over Christmas week. 🥸👈

Here’s the promo video:

@LeperLord,

Don’t feel bad. Eddie Kramer mixed it for 5.1, it came out in 2018, and my brother bought me a copy, then fell ill over the next year and passed away just before the pandemic. It’s been a stressful couple of years, so I’ve been planning to finally listen to it over Christmas week. 🥸👈

Here’s the promo video:

Sad to hear about your loss there mate

i bet you ll be thinking of your bro when your listening

Back