Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live Re-scanned and remastered for DVD and BluRay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgRules

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Saw this post on blu-ray.com and thought I'd pass it on- awesome news, as this amazing show suffered from poor PQ.

Newly-restored Secret World Live to be released July 2 >>>

Quote:
"Secret World Live", the outstanding Grammy Award winning film from 1994 is now to be re-released. The new version allows the original film to be seen and heard in the best possible quality on DVD / Blu-ray. Filmed in Modena, Italy across two nights in November 1993 as part of Peter Gabriel's acclaimed "Secret World Live" tour in support of the "Us" album, the show is elaborately presented and choreographed with two stages joined by a narrow moving walkway. The line-up for this show featured Peter Gabriel (vocals, keyboards); Manu Katche (drums); Tony Levin (bass, vocals); David Rhodes (guitar, vocals); Jean Claude Naimro (keyboards, vocals); Paula Cole (vocals); Shankar (violin, vocals); Levon Minassian (doudouk) with guests Papa Wemba and Molokai.

The original 16mm film negatives were repaired / cleaned and scanned (at super 2K) to a file sequence for mastering and restoration. The 2K sequence is the resolution we view in cinemas, and as such, the concert is now available in high definition without compromise. Once scanned, the footage digitally restored and graded (by award winning colourist Ray King) to allow fans to view the concert as never been seen before.

A slew of great Bonus Features are also included. "Red Rain" was not included in the original film, this is now included as an extra for the first time. We also offer Timelapse film of the complex stage set up, plus a featurette on the making of the "Secret World Live" film including interviews and behind the scenes footage. Additionally, there's a newly restored photomontage slideshow to the remixed "Quiet" version of "Steam" and, finally, "The Rhythm Of The Heat" orchestral version from the "New Blood: Live In London" show.
Source:
http://petergabriel.com/media/article/2647/newly-restored-secret-world-live-to-be-released-july-2/

Not too big on that one, sorry...and I'm a hardcore PG (NOT XXX) fan ....
His "live" work (read; dubbed in the studio) has never moved me...never understood why he insists on rerecording WHOLE performances , I mean , I understand a bum note here or there (even so , THAT is what makes it a LIVE performance)...
I said it before, the couple of times I've seen him live, his performance could have EASILY made it to a glitch free recording...but, he's an Aquarius and they love being different...so be it!
and now we get to see in better definition the gorgeous Paula Cole with cruelly short hair (WHY DID SHE DO THAT???) when she has ALWAYS had it long...she looks GREAT even now!(yes, she has long hair)...
Great news for PG fans who like his "live"(sic) stuff...
Sorry I'll pass...
apologize if it's thread crap, but it's my opinion.....

Not too big on that one, sorry...and now we get to see in better definition the gorgeous Paula Cole with cruelly short hair (WHY DID SHE DO THAT???) when she has ALWAYS had it long...she looks GREAT even now!(yes, she has long hair)...

In this video Paula has long hair, a long black dress, and combat boots. What a beautiful voice.

Back