Peter Matz Quadraphonic Spectacular HDTracks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spotted this one at HDTracks available in 24 Bit 192 kHz Stereo. As far as I know this was only ever released
as an SQ album and quad 8 track. Could this be a stealth SQ encoded hi-def download?
Considering the name of the LP, releasing a stereo version is pretty freaking weird.

https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/632de32b4051b422fb085489
I just checked it's on Qobuz also; and did a Quadraphonic search and a couple more popped up like this one...

Qobuz Quad.jpg

Please don't 'Shaft' me with a 'Matrix' 'Mobius Flip' :oops::dance:hi

Hopefully the QS encoding is still intact without the mastering hosing it up; and with a Hi-Res clean copy to decode (Surround Master/Involve) might sound pretty good. Of course as a mini compilation, these are available within individual Quad LPs. But I just find it interesting that they'd choose this title as most folks aren't gonna know what the hell to do with it (low hanging fruit for a try out maybe :unsure:)

Here's a bunch more from the Black Jazz collection; not sure all of these were QS encoded, but most I believe are.

BLACK JAZZ QOBUZ HI-RES.jpg

I tried out the first two tracks of the Vector 4 album, decoding them with Adobe Audition and a QS script.
It definitely decoded to quad but the left and right channels were reversed on both the front and rear.
I'm going to do the rest tomorrow. Those Black Jazz albums I am going to have to check out now.

After swapping the left and right channels in the downloaded stereo version of Vector 4 everything decoded
wonderfully in Adobe Audition. It is an interesting novelty album and the last 6 tracks sound really nice.
Another home made blu-ray for my collection. Next up, Henry Franklin - The Skipper.

Please don't 'Shaft' me with a 'Matrix' 'Mobius Flip' :oops::dance:hi

Hopefully the QS encoding is still intact without the mastering hosing it up; and with a Hi-Res clean copy to decode (Surround Master/Involve) might sound pretty good. Of course as a mini compilation, these are available within individual Quad LPs. But I just find it interesting that they'd choose this title as most folks aren't gonna know what the hell to do with it (low hanging fruit for a try out maybe :unsure:)

Here's a bunch more from the Black Jazz collection; not sure all of these were QS encoded, but most I believe are.

View attachment 84287

I don't know how up to date it is now, but I did a thread sometime back with links to all the Ovation and Black Jazz titles that showed up on streaming platforms and download services a couple of years back:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...vailable-for-streaming-hi-rez-download.29480/
The first 6 Black Jazz releases aren't quad, but everything after that should be, and most of the Ovation releases from 1972 through 1976 is single-inventory QS.

I tried out the first two tracks of the Vector 4 album, decoding them with Adobe Audition and a QS script.
It definitely decoded to quad but the left and right channels were reversed on both the front and rear.
I'm going to do the rest tomorrow. Those Black Jazz albums I am going to have to check out now.
I just checked this one out yesterday...and the reason you and I both know that the channels are reversed is because there are test tracks where "left channel" is clearly heard coming out of the right! Seems like you've gotta TRY to screw that one up, but I guess someone put in the effort.

As for Peter Matz, I streamed the 24/192 version from Qobuz through the SM and it's definitely SQ.

Back