HiRez Poll Petty, Tom & the Heartbreakers - HYPNOTIC EYE [BDA]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - HYPNOTIC EYE

• 6 -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 -

• 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Bad Fidelity, Bad Surround Bad Content

• Total voters
Playing Hypnotic Eye for first time. It is a super, clean, punchy sounding recording. To my ears, it is a perfect blend of surround (not too much) and punchy, clean rock and roll. Play it loud, and what I hear is 65% of the sound coming from front, 35% rears. I like the mix - solid. An example of how excellent the sound can be....is a song called Sins Of My Youth.

I'd give it a 9. Nothing less....this is as clean and punchy of a disc as you'll ever hear. Excellent!

Playing Hypnotic Eye for first time. It is a super, clean, punchy sounding recording. To my ears, it is a perfect blend of surround (not too much) and punchy, clean rock and roll. Play it loud, and what I hear is 65% of the sound coming from front, 35% rears. I like the mix - solid. An example of how excellent the sound can be....is a song called Sins Of My Youth.

I'd give it a 9. Nothing less....this is as clean and punchy of a disc as you'll ever hear. Excellent!

I knew you would like it...and it gets better once you get used to the new material.....

Reactions: GOS
No it doesn't.

Thanks. I did find that you can purchase it as a bundle from Tom Petty's store with both 320 mp3 and FLAC downloads for ~ $7-$8 more than from DeepDiscount (including shipping), so that may be worth it. Just wanted to be sure I was comparing apples to apples.

Good music and a fair mix, a few standout surround mixes with most only average. I vote 8.

A very strong album, all of them top tracks, sounds great, god dynamics, but the surround mix is not more than "good" - so it is an 8!

I think this is a great Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers album. I like all of the songs and I’m always disappointed when the disk has finished...and then I get to listen to that great bonus track! (and often play the whole thing thru a second time) All good signs that this is a great album.

The band is rocking, and I don’t recall any better sounding lead guitar work from Mike Campbell!

The surround mix is pretty conservative and could have been a little more adventurous, but it does sound better when played loudly. That is my only criticism.... and that the disk ends!

So we have a new chart topping album from a great band released in modern format surround ... Wonderful!!!

A great final album from this group!

I give it a 9 for the conservative surround mix.

Solid album and solid mix. I just got my hands on this record, which I hadnt listened to it previously, and I thought the 5.1 mix works, it may not be the most discreet one out there, you wont listen to things panning from channel to channel, yet it works. And that's what matters. Having said that I give it a 9.

Last edited:
Back