Phoenix#1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix#1

Nice to find you folks. During a recent move, I lost my Quad styluses (3) when I packed them separate.
The guy that used to make them for me has retired and closed his site. Can anyone please give me an
address (email, of course) or site for someone who is still producing them?
I would really like to get my quads going for the Holidays.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mike

Were they all for the same cartridge? Which brand(s)/model(s)?
There are only a few vendors that sell quality modern styli for out-of-production carts,
Do you play CD-4 records with it/them, matrix, SQ/QS, or both?
I'm far from an expert, but I'm looking at all cartridge/stylus combination options myself, and I'd like to know what was working for you (for CD-4, since matrix, QS, SQ, works with a standard cart).

Hey there. Pioneer, Marantz 6600 and Audio-Technica AT Lp120 TT's
My two workhorses are a Pioneer SX 9900 and a Kenwood KR 9940.
The Kenwood has a plug-in demodulator for all formats while the Pioneer is plug and play ready, again, for all formats. Any stylus will do for whatever cart I have. My last guy fit stylus's into everything I sent him with no problems. And a head shell is a head shell. They are all pretty much one size fits all with a few exceptions here and there. My guy told me he once built a quad stylus for a Mattel Close'N Play...lol. I kid you not, he told me that for sure and judging by the quality of his work, I believed him with no questions. I just need to find a new supplier and get my gear back up and running. I play CD-4 and Quadrasonic mainly but have all formats in my library. Little bit of everything. A couple Q4 Akai tape machines and a couple Akai Q4 8 track players.

I only know how to find a stylus (if available) when the cartridge model is known. Sorry I couldn't help.

I can check and see...I have several sitting around. I'll get back to you when I track them down
Thanks

Back