Picked up my first quad vinyl album today.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I doubt it's too impressive around here, but I'm a little excited just because I've never owned a piece of 70s Quad history before---just SACD/DVD-A. Besides, it was the only thing I found that mentioned quad whilst snooping around the vinyl bins at a thrift store this afternoon:

Antonio Barbosa: Chopin, the 4 scherzi / Chopin-Liszt, the maiden's wish, my joys. CSQ 2071 CONNOISSEUR SOCIETY LABEL

Apparently, it's "SQ" Quadraphonic. It was originally located in the Everett, WA Public Library given the stickers on the cover. I'm not sure how it made its way half way around the country, but I digress. The record seems to be in pretty decent shape so I guess that means it wasn't a popular title in Everett? Just kidding.

Maybe some day I'll even be able to play it, though I'm not going to hold my breath! I don't have any SQ equipment yet. Moreover, I'm thinking Q8 right now. Then again, I'll collect anything I can get so long as it's cheap and doesn't take up too much space! :)

There you go You Genius.

That's a long dark road you have embarked on, athough I hear that the light at the end of the tunnel is mighty bright.

Wasn't it you who bought DSOM before you had an SACD player???

Oops, that was me.

Bob R said:
There you go You Genius.

That's a long dark road you have embarked on, athough I hear that the light at the end of the tunnel is mighty bright.

Wasn't it you who bought DSOM before you had an SACD player???

Oops, that was me.

Nope, but what I did was probably worse. I picked up the multi-channel SACD of Herbie Hancock's "Headhunters" prior to actually owning an SACD. And "Headhunters" is only a single layer disc! :eek:

I knew someone with a HTiB that could do SACD at the time, so at least I was able to check it out.

Back